TWENTY THREE.

Polly and Ada were too wrapped up in their chat about Michael to realise that he was actually minutes away from fucking Liv on the dining room table. She was sat on the table, with her legs wrapped tightly around him.

"Michael." She tried to push him off, as much as she didn't want to, as he kissed her neck.

"What, I've waited 366 days for this." He sighed. She ran her hand up his chest trying to calm him.

"I know. So have I. But I'm worried about your mother." Olivia confessed.

"Liv, I'm trying to have sex with you right now. I don't want to talk about my mother and her love for prescription pills, yeah?" Michael laughed and pushed some of her messy hair behind her ear.

"I thought I was going to die in those gallows, and I didn't even get to say goodbye to you." Liv yanked his tie, pulling him in for the kiss. "Go upstairs, I'll be there in a second." She whispered in his ear and pushed him off.

Michael did just that, his eyes lighting up like a kid at Christmas time.

"Pol, Ada, we're going to bed. Need to be ready for Christmas tomorrow. Love you both." Liv popped her head around the kitchen door.

"Okay darling, I hope you enjoyed your birthday." Ada smiled.

"I did thank you. Night Pol." She smiled, thinking about what was to come.

"Night sweetheart, happy birthday." Polly was still shaky but seemed to have lightened up a bit.

Olivia closed the door softly, before running up the stairs. The door of her old bedroom was shut, but Michael's was wide open. Peering inside, Michael was laying on the bed with his eyes shut.

"I hope you haven't fallen asleep." Olivia teased as she meant against the door frame. Michael shot up off the bed and picked her up. "Put me down." She sighed.

"No. Not letting you run off to America again." He threw her down on the bed.

Whilst in America, Liv had a string of boyfriends, all leading to nothing. Ada would set her up with a new man each week, usually ending in a few dates before calling everything off. Michael hadn't even bothered with girls. He didn't have the time, but even if he did, he missed Olivia too much. It was strange how he wanted her so badly, but there was something about her he just couldn't turn down. When he was stood with the noose around his neck, he never thought that a year and a day later he'd be tangled up with Olivia as she kissed him with all the passion she had inside her.

"Michael." She pushed him away for a second to look at him.

"What? Are you okay? Is it me?" He panicked.

"No. I just missed you." She smiled.

Ada and Polly had dozed off in front of the fire, no one was listening even if they cared. The house was theirs to do what they pleased.

The floor of Michael's bedroom was newly carpeted with the pair's clothes. Olivia's nails were scratching up his back whilst his lips didn't leave her neck.

Michael realised something that night. After not having her with him for so long and now she was there, he realised.

He'd completely fallen for Olivia.