EIGHTEEN.

this could be a little triggering, only a sentence or two but just want to warn you.

Olivia and Michael sat opposite each other on the floor. Charlie was still having fun waving the spoon about in the other room. In a quick thinking style, Liv ripped off part of Father Hughes's robes so she could clean the blood off Michael's face. He was still crouched by the wall, not moving at all in the time since the killing.

"He used to take me to the back room. I thought I was special." Michael was barely audible, Liv only heard him as no other noise was being made. His honesty hurt her heart.

"When I was 3 years old, my mother killed herself. She took my father's revolver, shoved it down the back of her throat and pulled the trigger. Sam found her. He was only 5, scarred him for life." Olivia continued to wipe the blood off Michael's face with ripped up robe.

"Olivia I-" Michael started to speak but she raised her hand to silence him.

"Said she was mental. Lost the plot after she had me. She never smiled, she never wanted to hold me or bond with me. She was always sad. It was me, Sam and dad for so long. Then, the war broke out and Dad got sent away. Sam and I managed, we did alright you know. Grandma came and looked after us. Dad got killed in action. Then when Sam was 15 he ran away to join the army. Said he should take dad's place. Lied about his age and they took him on. He got injured two weeks before the end of the war. Shrapnel in the spine. Died one week later. Grandma took me away to Australia for a new start. I hated it. We had no money and she became ill. I was her full time carer. We struggled so badly Michael. I spent my 18th birthday having sex to get money." Olivia's voice broke at the end of her sentence as the tears were streaming down her face.

"That time I called you a mental case, it was because-" Michael was gentle with his words as he realised.

"They took the piss out of me all the time. Called my mum the mental job of Small Heath. It just reminded me of it."

"You didn't have to tell me all that." Michael stroked her cheek with his thumb.

"I did. I pulled your back story out of you like a fucking tooth extraction. It's only fair. You're the only one that knows about the prostitution. Don't tell anyone. Please." She wiped away the tears manically with the back of her hand.

Charlie's crawled over to the pair of them as Liv carried on scrubbing the blood off Michael's hands as she sobbed.

"I left in 1921. There were 3 years where I was in the Blinders if you were wondering. Tommy, Arthur and John promised my dad and brother to keep my safe. So, they brought me into the gang. Started off just being watched but then I was blinding men that tried to fuck me. Taught them a fucking lesson though. Then Grandma took me away and wouldn't let me go back. I had to wait till she died to make my escape." She carried on. "You're all clean." Liv went to stand up but Michael's grip on her wrist pulled her back down.

Not knowing what to say or how to express his emotions, his weary and confused body overruled his brain. He closed his eyes and leant in.

He kissed her. The butterflies in her stomach were rejoicing and the sparks were felt all over he body.

Olivia quickly pushed him off before she could kiss him back. She knew that he was just doing it because he was confused, he didn't know what he wanted. Michael was with lovely, well behaved Charlotte, he didn't need reckless and unpredictable Olivia.

"Why did you do that?" She asked as she held his shoulders against the wall.

"I don't know. I panicked." Michael whispered slowly as they stared at each other.

"Don't. Don't do it again." She pushed him away and picked up Charlie.

"Olivia please-" Michael tried to get her attention but she stormed off.

Michael pushed open the door to the offices with Charlie balanced on his hip. Olivia trailed behind. He still had the stunned look in his eye. It dawned on him what had happened.

Ada and Polly crowded around the man as he handed the baby over. The girls were sobbing as they scooped up Charlie. He seemed blissfully unaware as to what had happened and the fuss he'd caused.

Polly noticed Michael's glazed expression. She tried to hug him, but Michael wouldn't move. Polly realised what had happened when she picked up on the dried blood Olivia had missed in her clean up. Michael walked away.

"Olivia." Polly embraced the blubbing girl.

"I told him everything Pol. And more." She went into Polly's shoulder.

"Oh darling." Pol rocked her slowly as Olivia bawled her eyes out into Polly's shoulder.

Olivia was in bits. She'd finally had the courage to tell someone the full story. The tears were of happiness for her bravery, but also a hint of sadness. She shouldn't have kissed Michael back the way she did. He got Charlotte Murray pregnant for fuck's sake.

"I'm going out. But I want to talk to Olivia." Michael announced. He'd cleaned the final but of blood off of his head.

"Michael. She's in a bit of a mess. Give her a minute." Ada shooed him away but he still wouldn't move.

"S'alright. We'll only be a minute." Her choked out words were almost unrecognisable as part of the English language. Polly gave her a kiss on the cheek and took Ada into her office.

"Michael." She sobbed once more.

"I've been thinking. What happened in there wasn't a fluke Olivia." He took closer and closer steps to her.

"What about Charlotte?" She rubbed her sore eyes. Michael grabbed both her shoulders and stared at her.

"She's not important right now. I just wanted to thank you for today. You've looked after me good and proper. You didn't have to stand by my side all the time. But you did. It means a lot." He smiled at her.

"Yeah but-" Olivia tried to bargain her case but got shut down. He pulled her in by the back of neck.

Michael kissed her once more, this time with much more passion then before. She placed her hands on his head and pulled her close to him. As much as she wanted to say it felt wrong, it really didn't.

"You're quite something Olivia Hamilton. What that is exactly, I'm not sure yet. But I'm gonna find out."

a/n: ahhhhhhh! what we've all been waiting for lmao. this is the third update today but i'm on a role here. x