Chapter 12: "I Love You"

The words "I love you" aren't to be played with. They aren't just words you throw around. They're important. They have such a deep meaning. Especially for an angel. You weren't sure, but you were positive about angels not lying. Keeping secrets, holding back on saying something, they might. But lying, you haven't seen from one yet. You were sure your emotions for him were yet, the same in a way. You'd known him for about three months at the most, but loving him was one thing you were sure about. That moment froze, and it was like holding that memory in your heart. Actually holding it in your heart, painful yet satisfying. Castiel's crystal blue eyes, shining because of the tears, met yours.
"I love you too..." You internally feared your own words. What if saying them were a mistake?
"At first I found myself questioning love. Whether it was an emotion or a thought. A feeling or simply an image or message in your head. Whether it even existed. What it felt like to be in love. But now I understand. Love is a... A mixture of expressions. Love is joy, pure happiness, sadness, madness, anger, devastation, fear, uneasiness, and sometimes even jealousy. It makes you feel everything at once, though going through space at a top speed feeling, not even gravity, yet everything else. Love has no barrier, no boundaries, there is no limit to love. You're never sure on love, you can't ever be. Even a powerful being, like you, is never sure about love. But everyone, and everything, experiences love at least once in their life. Even Crowley experiences love, though seems heartless. He loves you, though you don't know it. Love is powerful, stronger than any being. And again, no one is ever certain about love, but I am. I am positive I love you." His tears slow down. You start crying yourself, but this time, tears of joy. You giggle at yourself, embarrassed of your tears. "I don't understand, why are you crying?" You giggle at his words. His confusion rushing over him. You just kiss his forehead.
"Love is also confusion. A whole lot of it..." You laugh and he smiles, seeing you so happy. He kisses you, you still sitting across his lap. He leans back and you both fall backwards. You both laugh, and he grabs your waist. You smile and wipe his cheek again, making sure to dry it. You kiss him. He smiles, looking you straight in the eye. You've never seen him so happy.
"Y/n, I want to show you something..." He says and then you hear a rustle from behind him. A big, black pair of wings sprawl out from behind him, causing you to open mouth grin. He smiles then grabs your hand. He places your fingers on the wing causing you to start petting the wing.
"They're... They're so soft!" You say then he smiles.
"Here..." He lays your head down on his chest then wraps you in his arms. You feel the warm, soft feathers of his wings wrapping around you and relax into his body. You soon find yourself dosing off while being so relaxed and calm. Castiel starts softly humming a song he knew, Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas. He ran his fingers through your soft hair and his legs crossed over yours. Your arms were wrapped around his body. His breathing satisfied you, your head and neck going up and down along with each slow inhale and exhale. His fingers would crawl up your back, then the oppisote, then back up, this pattern going on for quite a while. You never completely fell asleep, just barely grazed rest, then awakened. Over and over, as if sleep itself was teasing you. You enjoyed not falling asleep though, your mind focusing on Castiel's lovely humming. It soothed your ears, made you content. One of his hands playing with your back, and the other playing with your hair, you could tell he was content as well. Occasionally he would stretch his wings, but they would always find their way back to you. You finnaly drifted off to a deep, peaceful slumber.