Chapter 1: Meeting Face

Serenity Hollowell woke up to sounds of explosions and gunfire. She looked down from her window to find her car in flames and a figure limping in her building. She hadn't heard gun fire since she moved from her old neighborhood. How could anyone sleep through this she hadn't been here for 3 months and there was already gun fire.

Little did she know the neighborhood was ran by the mafia.

She ran down stairs to help the stranger. She paused when she saw a gun pointed at her.

"Hey...I don't mean any trouble." She said calmly with her hands in the air.

Francesco Marino held his gun steady. His eye never left her. He had never seen her in the neighborhood. Who was she? How has he never heard about her? She had mocha skin and was about 5'4. She was a big girl too and no one ever told him about her. He couldn't really make out her face but that wasn't going to help him right now. 

"Can I help you?" She asked softly. He couldn't respond he had blacked out. She rushed towards him he had a sprain ankle and he had blacked out from exhaustion. She helped the stranger up and dragged him up the steps to her apartment. She placed him on the couch and put some ice on his ankle.

From what she could tell he was a handsome man. He had dark black hair and a strong chin line. He was tall he looked to be about 6'5 and even when he passed out he never let go of his gun.

"Ok Ren, you've done your good deed of the day." Serenity said to herself. Then she looked at what she was wearing. "Are you kidding me. The first chance to come into contact with a hot guy and I'm wearing bunny slippers, booty shorts, and a tank top. Just great!"

The next morning he was still sleep on her couch. He put on her glasses for the day and walked around the couch into her kitchen and made her some coffee. Then she got a bucket of water and dumped it on him

"Wake the fuck up. Rise and shine. Get out." Serenity said.

Francesco woke up and coughed he wiped his face pissed. Just who in the hell did she think she was?He opened his eyes to see the back of the woman that he saw last night. She looked good from the back.

"I think you shouldn't have done that." Franesco said charging towards her. He slapped her. She stared at him in shock then said.

"Ok. So that's how it's going down huh?" Serenity squared up and clocked him in his jaw. "You wanna box we can box."

He spit out some blood and smiled. Her heart stopped never had a woman stood up to him like this. Let alone punch him in the face like a man. There might be something to her.

"Feisty," He said and licked his lips. "I like that." He never much was a talker but she was lighting a fire in him. She widened her eyes. He was a freak and she could tell.

"Look, my mom didn't raise no bitch. You want to fight? We can get down with the get down." Serenity said still in fighting position. She couldn't help staring into his gray eyes. He rubbed his chin and smiled at her.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Serenity. Serenity Hollowell." She said. "Now, I was going to be nice and offer you some coffee but I think you ruined that."

"Now wait just a second." He said. "I want to apologize for my misbehavior." He walked towards her. She walked away to the kitchen to finish her coffee. "Francesco Marino." He put out his hand for her to shake. She reached out her hand and shook it. Then he kissed the back of it. She raised an eyebrow.

"So, Marino. Do you know who blew up my car last night? It's not like I had my personal belongings in it. All of my stuff is pretty much in here." She said pulling her hand away from him. He didn't like that he like the feel of her hands in his.