Chapter 11: New-Old Face

Francesco woke up before Serenity they had slept on the couch after he had almost lost his mind earlier. He had forgotten that she was hurt but the conversation they had excited him. He felt like he had just gotten married with those words she told him. She was his woman now... his wife. What man wouldn't be happy about finally getting the woman that he loves? Usually, if he had a girl he would call them his girlfriend. Something, that he could break off and leave but she was his wife. And He had no problem calling himself her husband if anything he could probably call the courthouse and get the papers delivered. Serenity deserved romance and he knew that so he would take it slow for now.

He slowly rose up off of Serenity who still landed under him and looked content. Her lip swelling had gone down completely. She was healing faster than he thought, the reason he had kept carrying her was that he wasn't sure if she was in pain or not. He didn't want her moving if her legs still hurt. Her face that he loved so much and that he couldn't stop staring at was here like she wanted to be here with him. The heat from her body could keep him warm without a cover or a blanket.

He lowered his head back down to listen to her breathe it brought him some type of peace. He wonders if she knew how happy she made him. Things could only get better with her and he couldn't wait for the future. Yet, something bothered him about today. Other than her being attacked she had finally found out that he was a mobster, a mafia boss, and a...murderer. Could she handle this life or will it drive her mad? This angel that he had somehow captured was his finally now he was having second thoughts.

"She is the one isn't she?"

Francesco jumped a little bit but not enough to wake Serenity up. He turned to see his Zia (Aunt) Rosa behind him looked down at him and Serenity. She smiled sweetly at the two and had a blanket in her hands.

"Zia Rosa! You can't just pop up like that," Francesco said and held his chest. No one was ever able to surprise him but her. She had taught him stealth she probably had more bloody hands than him but now she was retired and was his father's eyes. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough," Rosa said and walked over to the couch. "Wow, she is more beautiful than I thought. It's almost like she has the face of an angel."

"I know she is beautiful, isn't she? One of the best things to happen to me in a long time." Francesco said caressing her face. She squirmed a little bit and he froze nearly stopped breathing but then she calmed back down. He had got up and stood beside the couch and watched as her arm fell on the floor and saw her wince. He frowned and lifted her up and started to take her up the steps again. Rosa followed him making sure he didn't drop anything.

"What happened to her? Do I need to call any backup? I know I can't do anything at my age anymore." Rosa said.

"No, not yet. Not until I figure out who is trying to end her life." Francesco said laying her down gently and took the blanket out of Rosa's hands and laid it on her. "So far the only thing I know is this blonde headed man he hurt Henry, hired men to kill Serenity. I want his head on my wall and I want it fresh with the others."

"I polish the glass to those heads every day, they make the family back in Sicily proud," Rosa said smiling happily.

"I'm going to burn in the furthest depths of hell for corrupting this angel I have," Francesco said placing a hand on her thigh as she laid to her side. Facing away from him sleeping soundly and calmly.

"My soul will be in flames there is no doubt but I can't let her go, Zia," Francesco said. "She knows about me now and what I do. I don't know If she is ready Zia she is so innocent but I know in my heart she belongs to me. When I told her she didn't run from me or try to get away she actually smiled at me."

"Take no prisoners like we taught you to Francesco," Rosa said. "She loves you I can feel it in my spirit. She hasn't said those words yet but I know you two belong together." Rosa always had a unique talent to know things she would "just feel it out" from the energy.