Chapter 14: Ways to Die

"You must have a pretty high pain tolerance," Ryo said while cleaning off his knife. Francesco had been tortured for 2 hours. He showed no emotion and said nothing.

"Yusiv," Ryo lifted his head. "You don't even know this lady, why protect her."

"She seems innocent."

"She's not. Her family did something terrible to mine."

"Hmph," Francesco said. Knowing that wasn't the truth. They had stripped him of his suit and had it on a table nearby.

Ryo pressed a button that leaned Francesco's chair back. He put a towel over his face and started to water bored him. Francesco was zip tied to the chair with is hands bonded but his feet free. He could kick but he didn't want to jeopardize the plan.

Serenity had pulled up at the place where they held him. Seeing his truck and sighed a breath of relief. Then she prayed knowing what she was about to do...knowing that she would die here. She got out the car and men surrounded her already with guns drawn. She raised her hands and look at them feeling the rain on her face. Not minding the thunder and lighting for the first time actually calming her.

"I'm Serenity Hollowell, I know he is looking for me and wants me dead. I'm tired of running to take me to him and let's get this over with." Serenity said calmly and with a smile on her face. The men looked at each other confused and shrugged their shoulders and lead her to Ryo.

Ricci, Lester and the rest of the crew drove as fast as they could down the Highway. Lester looked at his phone in disbelief.

"She made it there! The voice detection just said she is going to Ryo... and that she wants to get this over with."

"No, No, No, this can't be happening Lester," Ricci said. "She can't die. Not now, not when he just got his humanity back. She is supposed to be the God-Mother to our children!"

"Jocelyn is pregnant?" Lester turned his head.

"She told me last night," Ricci said smiling. "We were going to tell Serenity today and ask her to be the God-Mother."

"There is no time for good news, can we go save my daughter please?" Jules said. Even though she was his God-Daughter he always thought of her to be his. He had promised her parents that he would take care of her if something were to happen to him. Now here she was trying to do something reckless.

"Congratulations," Lester said and ran his fingers through his hair. "We have to get both of them we are ten minutes away. Push the pedal."

Serenity was lead down some hallways, she had lost count of the turns and the doors. Just having flashbacks of when she was with her family. She smiled to herself remembering her father, mother, and her sweet grandmas. She rose her head up proudly for the last time, in her head, she was embracing her beauty one last time. She even put a pep to her step the men that lead her to Ryo were still confused.

Why was she so happy to die?

Ryo was about to brand Francesco until there was a knock at the door. Francesco followed his movements as he opened the door.

"Well, you made this very easy for me. I don't have to hunt you down anymore!" Ryo said and led Serenity in and sat her in a chair. Francesco's eyes widened and his face started to turn red.

Just what in the hell was she doing? How did she get out of the house? "Yusiv isn't this the lovely woman that you helped on the side of the road."

Francesco's eyes shifted and looked at Ryo.

"Yes, yes it is."

"Serenity, would you like to thank Yusiv for helping you?" Ryo said turning back to her.