Chapter 19: Focus Francesco!

"You sit right here and don't move," Serenity said guiding Francesco down to the bed in their room. Francesco looked up at her and then looked at the floor. "Keep your eyes up." She raised his head up. Serenity went into the bathroom and turned on the shower. Making sure the water was just right and she had everything she needed to clean him up.

Serenity took a breath and leaned on the bathroom counter. Her husband almost took his life today and he cried in her arms because his guilt was eating him alive. Nothing but the devil was at work. Serenity then went back in the room and saw that Francesco had the same frozen expression. No blinking or moving it reminded her of when she was like that.

Francesco didn't know what he did to deserve her, well he did force her to have contact with him. He had thought he was dreaming that night seeing her face come down the stairs. How she still seemed to glow even in darkness. He slept in on purpose he usually woke up at a certain time but something told him to stay put on her couch. It felt comfortable and at home, in that apartment, she stayed in. Now here she was with him after he'd hurt her, he didn't even deserve her attention. He didn't deserve her she was too good for him and she deserved a good man that would take care of her.

She grabbed his hand and pulled him up guiding him to the shower. She watched him undress robotically and just stepped in the shower. Not grabbing any soap just letting the water hit him. He was deep in his head and she could tell, she needed to keep his focus. Serenity took a breath and started to undress Francesco widened his eyes as he saw Serenity step In the shower with him.

"What...Serenity," Francesco said in shock. "Why?"

"I'm cleaning you," Serenity said making him look at her in the eyes. "What happened today was nothing but the devil trying to ruin something." Serenity grabbed a towel and some soap. "Now turn around." Serenity started to wash his back. "You can't go in your head not right now, not after what you just did."

"Serenity," Francesco called out to her. "You don't have to do this."

"You cleaned me, I clean you," Serenity said turning him around. "Let me clean you from your guilt." Francesco couldn't help but to look at her while she washed his chest he held on to the rails to keep from taking her and ravishing her. Then he thought about it, he didn't deserve to make love to her body he looked down at her feet.

"Stay with me baby," Serenity said snapping him back to reality. "Look at me." Francesco looked at her and his body seemed to react on its own and snaked his arms around her waist. Serenity froze as she felt his hands roam on her, his touch still felt the same. It still belonged to her. She smiled slightly to her self and looked back at him and her heart fluttered.

"How can I not look at you?" Francesco said stopping her hand from washing him causing her to drop the soap and towel. "You are my world." Serenity felt her back hit the wall and the only one in her view was Francesco.

"Francesco, if you couldn't live without me what makes you think I can live without you?" Serenity asked him. "You don't ever attempt that again! Do you hear me?!"

"I'm so sorry," Francesco said and placed his forehead on hers. "I just can't live without you."

"That was more selfish than cheating, Francesco," Serenity said pointing at his chest. "I don't ever want you to think that you can't talk to me, I'm sorry that I made you feel like you couldn't. Your life is just as important as mine and I don't want to be the death of you. You are mine, I'm going to take care of you." Serenity said and caressed his upper cheek under his eyes. "We are going to get you fed, and let you get some rest."

"You have nothing to apologize for," Francesco said caressing her face. "I was a fool to think I could imagine you. When you are right here with me. You are the most beautiful woman to me and I'm sorry that I made you feel that way."