Chapter 12: Crashing Discoveries

"Serenity, I understand how you feel but your life is in danger at this point," Jules said. Serenity hadn't said anything for ten minutes.

"Are you okay? Baby? Say something." Francesco watched her face how it just seemed to zone out. Her hands were shaking she was in the middle of processing the information that Jules had told her. Now he wanted her to talk about the crash? He had to be joking.

"Jules," Serenity said finally. "I don't think I'll ever be ready to talk about that day."

"Serenity, out all the times that we have talked it seems you have developed long time scars from that day. I understand but I think I may know who is after you. So, we have to talk about this."

"Don't push her into doing things she doesn't want to do," Francesco told him. Trying to calm Serenity down as she was shaking.

"What? Like forcing her to work for you?" Jules argued back. Francesco's face started to turn red.

"She is my lady! Not yours." Francesco yelled.

"She is my fucking goddaughter! I'm the only family she has left you asshole."

"I dare you to say that to my face!" Francesco said releasing Serenity and standing up. Jules stood up as well adjusting his cuffs and taking off his watch.

"I don't need this shit right now!" Serenity said yelling at the both of them.

"I'm sorry, Serenity," Jules looked down at her and then back up at Francesco. "Forgive me but the type of man he just ruffles my feathers."

"Whatever." Francesco scuffed and sat down put his arm back around Serenity.

Serenity took a breath and fumbled with her fingers again. It had been years now and she hadn't really understood the crash. Knowing her dad had just got new tires on the vehicle since she was there with him when he got it done. Windows freshly cleaned and new windshield wipers and even a new air fresher. Black Ice. She never understood how it got to that point that day. The roads weren't that slippery from the rain so how did they burst?

"Tell me what you know, Jules," Serenity said finally. "I need to know what you know."

"Well, On that night I know your father invited me to dinner with you guys. I had passed because I was pretty tired that day. We had just busted the biggest sex trafficking ring we had in the city. From the biggest mob boss at the time and it was a huge deal. Everything went smoothly for a few weeks until that night. I believe the family behind the sex trafficking ring is the people responsible for the crash. They must have thought you died in the crash until they saw your name continuously pop up in foster care systems. They are hunting you to kill you Serenity because you are the final bloodline of the family."

"How do you know all this Jules?"

"Did you not hear me when I said I've followed you and everything about you for years. Anything to keep you safe, dear." Jules said.

"I haven't done anything though! Why can't they just leave me alone."

"Baby, when a mafia family wants revenge they are going to get it. So, if the person especially a mafia wants a whole family gone. Then that's what they set out for, blood, pain, suffering, until the very end of the line." Francesco said. "I won't let them hurt you though, Serenity, I'll kill them all and then throw them a funeral."

That look he gave her in her eyes gave her a shiver down her spine, not wanting to see that happen. She didn't like death especially when it was because of her. Francesco felt his blood boil he had finally got her and now someone was trying to take her away from him. It was a good thing he found her when he did...he couldn't imagine not finding her. He would have probably still felt dead inside. Not human he was already a monster before he met her... he had just ended the life of the woman who had broken his heart not even a year ago.