Chapter 15: Wake Up and Recover, Serenity.

"Francesco, she is going to be okay, just talk to us." Ricci said while driving. Francesco could only breath and look at his hands. He was just having flashbacks in his head of how she looked at him while sitting in that chair. She faced death but only focused on him calling him love and telling him thank you. How she looked at him felt like she was caressing his face with her eyes trying to calm him. She was really about to sacrifice her self just to save the family she gained.

She looked at him to calm him.

She looked at him to remember every detail of him.

She looked at him to say goodbye.

"I don't deserve her..." Francesco said. The truck went silent and Ricci's looked back in the review mirror then back to the road.

"Fran, listen to me. I don't know what's going through your brain but you need to remember the fact that she is going to be alright." Ricci told him. Francesco looked out the window and noticed the weather. Thunder, lighting, and rain...she came to him despite her fears.

"Ricci, tell me she didn't come to me in this weather," Francesco said with his voice stuck in his throat.

"Yes, she did Francesco."

"Serenity, no." Francesco ran his fingers through his hair.

"She is already in a bed recovering Francesco," Ricci told him. "She would be upset right now to find you like this. Letting Guilt eat you alive, she did this for you and all of us. She showed you, true love, today, and I expect to see the same from you. So, calm down."

"Do you have my top caretakers with her?"

"Of course."

Ricci didn't tell him that Serenity had been revived twice. Now she was just in a coma at least that was what Lester had told him. More damage had been done to here than they thought.

How much time exactly went by? Francesco didn't know he had blacked out multiple times escaping into his head.

Lester nearly threw up seeing the damage done to her body. The man had basically carved in her, he even had time to carve the word beautiful in her stomach. And carved his name 'Ryo' on her right thigh. Ryo had slapped her a couple of times to keep her awake but she was bleeding too much to realize it.

He didn't tell him that she was asking about him after they got her out. Making sure he was okay, He didn't need that right now. Ryo didn't do as much to Francesco as he did to Serenity. If anything they were just minor scratches and a couple of bruises.

When they got there to his private medical facility they led Francesco down the hallway, trying to avoid Serenity's room but they accidentally walked past it. If Ricci would have known which room she was in he would have gone down a different hall.

"We're losing her again!" The doctor screamed out and a swarm of nurses and fellow doctors came into the room. Pushing Francesco out the way.

"Again!? AGAIN!? What do you mean?" Francesco became upset and tried to go into the room.

"Block the door right now!" Lester caught up with Ricci and the rest of the men. Ricci and Lester and a few other men held Francesco while others blocked the door.

"You have to stop! We have to get you well! Come on Francesco!"

"No, Serenity! Please!" Francesco cried out. He punched he kicked and he screamed but soon Ricci and Lester were able to drag him to another room.

"Francesco! Listen to me! I will go check on her and give you updates. You are not mentally stable right now. Now let Jus sew you up." Ricci said and tired to Lester and nodded. Ricci held his breath as he walked. Once he made it to her room he saw that her heartbeat was present once again. He let out a breath of relief. He sat by her bed and looked at the line of doctors that stood by.