Chapter 9

Chapter 9

...

Xavier got out of the shower before drying himself with the soft cotton towel. His dirty blonde hair was shagged and his body with a hard defined 8-pack was under the heat of the steam. He started grooming himself, preparing for the big event of tonight. His tux was neatly laid on his bedside, along with his tie and a corsage for the lady. All handled and prepared in a matter of time.

After his grooming activities were done, his sprayed a sniff of cologne and messed his hair a bit. After all, his bad boy reputation had to stay intact.

"And that's how you do it."
He checked himself in the bedroom mirror, satisfied of the result.

...

Pierce was putting the last touches of her makeup on her jade eyes when she heard the doorbell ring. Sighing, she knew her father would answer it. She prepared herself mentally all day long for what was about to come. She was a nervous wreck, there was no doubting that. She grabbed her purse before descending the marble staircase. She caught a glimpse of her cavalier. He was handsome as hell, wearing a Calvin Klein tux. Cliché, yes. But nicely done.

"Hey Daddy." Pierce kissed her fathers cheek and glared at Xavier.

"Hi princess. You've found yourself one hell of a boy there."

Damn. Fuck Xavier and his sweet talk.

"I sure have." Pierce fake smiled and rolled her jade eyes meeting Xavier's dark blue eyes.

"You look gorgeous Pierce." Surprisingly, Xavier actually sounded genuine. A first.

"Oh, I know. Ready?"
Pierce smirked and got her coat. She wouldn't let him in, she'd push him away.

"Have fun kids. Xavier, take care of my angel now." Her father warned him, his eyes blazing but contained.

"Of course Mr. Montgomery." Xavier nodded and opened the door for Pierce. Before leaving, she whispered in Xavier's ear;

"You sure know how to act, bastard."

"Oh sweetheart, I am a far better actor than you could possibly imagine."

His hot heavy breath made Pierce's hormones jump out of place.

"Fuck you." Pierce hissed.

"That's exactly what I am planning to do to you."
Xavier dished his comeback with an oh-so confidence that any person would admire.

...

Predictably, they arrived in style, cruzing in a chic black Cadillac. Every girl at the dance swooned, wishing they were in Pierce's shoes.

"You ready baby?" Xavier whispered.

"You're despicable!" Pierce rolled her eyes before slamming the car door.

Xavier smirked, knowing he won one battle.

"Hey man. She doesn't look too happy."
David rushed by his friends side, worried.

"Exactly how I love them; feisty" replied a smug Xavier.

"Dude, you got this? You sure?" David needed reassurance and that's exactly what Xavier gave him.

"She's going to be mine by the end of the night." Xavier pronounced the words with every ounce of confidence in him.

Sure, he won one battle, but the boiling point was, would he be able to win the war?