Chapter 21

Chapter 21

When Beatrice and Liam had left, I flopped back in my bed. Not only was Liam still going out with Beatrice, but also Barbie was going to kill me. Great.

I grabbed my phone, ready to text someone to vent to. Ellie? Nah, it was too early in the morning. My mum? No, definitely not. Then someone popped up in my mind. Jamie.

Jamie was my other childhood best friend, after Liam left. We had met at school they day after Liam left. I was sitting by myself crying, and he had come up to me, asking if I was okay. From that day we stuck like glue, so that when Liam eventually stopped calling it didn’t hurt as much. I scrolled through my contacts and hovered over his name. I typed a simple;

Hey, are you awake? xo

Without second thoughts I pressed send, holding my breath until the message was sent. I closed my eyes, hoping for a reply. After a while, with no interruption, I checked my screen. 1 new message. I quickly clicked open and skimmed through the text.

Yup, can’t sleep. How are you? x

I replied quickly, deciding not to lie.

Tbh, I’m a mess. xo

He was quick to reply.

Why, babe? x

Because, I paused. What should I tell him? I thought saying something like; Oh yeah, remember Liam? Yeah? Well, I’m in love with him, but he has a girlfriend who hates me. Yeah, I’m just great x was a bit much, so instead I replied with a simple; uni is a lot of stress. x

Oh, I see. It sounds like you need a break ;) How about coming home to me for a week-end or something? x

A break from school, study, stress and most importantly; a break from Liam and his stupid girlfriend.

That sounds great! I have a few days off next week. I’ll tell my mum in the morning ;) x

Cool, he replied. I can’t wait to see you. x

Yeah, same. See you x I reply, placing my phone back on the bedside table, and snuggling into my duvet.

A beautiful face pops into my head, and then sleep takes over.

-----------------

I sat on the grass, the sun warming my back, and strummed my guitar. Ellie sat beside me staring intently at my fingers, probably trying to memorize the different notes.

I smiled, and started to sing.

I’m broken, do you hear me?

I’m blinded, ‘cause you are everything I see,

I’m dancin’ alone, I’m praying,

That your heart will just turn around,

And as I walk up to your door,

My head turns to face the floor,

‘Cause I can’t look you in the eyes and say,

When she opens her arms and holds you close tonight,

It just won’t feel right,

My fingers fumbled, and messed up the flow. I sighed, and started from the beginning, but screwed up again at the same place. Eventually, after many unsuccessful tries, I groaned and set the guitar down and put my head in my hands. Ellie rubbed my back, sympathetically.

“It’s okay, you could just sing if you want? We don’t really need the guitar, I’ll be playing the piano, anyway.”

I looked up, and nodded sadly. “It’s probably for the best.”

She nodded and hugged me. I hugged back breathing in her perfume, a cross between Vanilla and something else I couldn’t put my finger on.

“I’m going to Wolverhampton next week. In the break.” I said, my voice coming out muffled through her hair.

“Oh, cool.” Ellie said, as she pulled away. She looked genuinely happy for me.

“Yeah.” I changed the subject quickly, “Do you know what happened last night?”

She shook her head, and I explained the whole Liam and Beatrice situation. Ellie listened intently through the whole thing, and as I finished a sly smile crossed her face.

“You love Liam don’t you?”

When I didn’t reply, she continued. “It’s not just a crush anymore, Kate. You’re jealous of Beatrice, because you are in love with Liam.”

Realization hit.

God, I was head over heels for Liam and I didn’t have a clue what to do.

~~~~~~~

HELLO GUISE!

So, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY for not posting for so long. I have been (trying to) revise for the Science GCSE I had yesterday :(((

I'm not old enough to do GCSEs, god. I'm like an 8 year old, stuck in a 14 year olds body. God, I've said that like a 100 times ;)

Anyway, IMPORTANT NOTICE!

I was just wondering if anyone wants to edit No Payne, No Gain? It is literally so bad, I need some help! Inbox me if you wanna, and I'll think about it. You should have some experience at writing though, so keep that in mind and send me a link to something you've written, maybe? J might just do it myself, Ahaha. Also, are any of you good at making covers? Cause I'm kinda bored of this one.. Send me one (or a link, or whatever) and I will consider it ;)

Yeah, so If you wanna do a cover or be my Editor, Inbox me or message me on my message board :)

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry it's short.

Love you all! And thanks for reading. PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE, AND FAN! I would love to know what you think :)

Peace, Love, Rubber gloves.

Eden xoxo

PS: I'm getting my hair dip-dyed today :) So excited! Plus, my ears pierced tomorrow! Maybe I'll show you a pic ;)