Chapter 25

• Dedicated to all my fans. I love you.

Chapter 25

That night I cried myself to sleep, and when I woke up the sun was streaming through my window. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up to find make up smeared all over my clenched fists, mixed with tears. For some reason I couldn’t care less.

I checked my phone for the time, to discover I had two texts; one from Ruth and another from Maz. Maz was a guy I had been introduced to though Liam, who was a talented dancer. Opening Maz’s first, my eyes skimmed over the message.

Hey babe! wanna meet up with me and andy? you’re here, right? X

I smiled, a warm feeling spreading through my stomach. Andy was also a dancer friend of Liam’s, who, along with Maz, always managed to cheer me up.

Sure :) The park at, I hesitated, checking the time, 2? xo

That gave me time for some alone time. Regardless of being alone most of the day before, I still needed time to clear my head.  Within minutes, he responded with an positive answer. I threw on some short, denim shorts, a baggy sweatshirt and my beloved vans. Then, I remembered Ruth’s text. Hurriedly, I picked up my phone, unlocking it and opening the message.

Liam seems really distraught. Did something happen between you? He got home after midnight last night and is locked in his room since then. Are you okay, babe? xx

I stared down at the text, my good mood leaving me as fast as it had come. Liam was upset? Why would he be upset? He was the one with the perfect life.

Oh, Liam.

______________________________

I trudged to the park, my guitar slung carelessly over my shoulder. Andy and Maz were meeting me there in half an hour, so I sat down on a bench, passing the time by practicing More Than This to perfection. It had to be flawless.

Closing my eyes, I started strumming, letting my fingers play on their own accord.

I’m broken, do you hear me?” I sang, my voice clear in the warm, summer air. “I'm blinded, ‘cause you are everything I see. I'm dancing, alone. I'm praying that your heart will just turn around. And as I walk up to your door, my eye turns to face the floor, ‘cause I can't look you in the eyes and say; When she opens her arms and holds you close tonight it just won't feel right, ‘cause I can love you more than this, yeah. When she lays you down, I might just die inside, it just don't feel righ, ‘cause I can love you more than this.”

As I took a breath, opening my mouth to continue, a voice cut me me off before I could make a sound.

“Damn, girl, you’re good!” came a familiar voice before me, heavily coloured by a Wolverhampton accent. My eyes snapped open, and I stared up at the two figures before me.

Maz and Andy.

I grinned. “Hey, guys.”