«Chapter Thirteen» Dragons

I felt like I had gotten run over by a truck. My limbs felt like lead, my head throbbed, and my face felt half burned. I wanted nothing more to just lay wherever I was and sleep, but I knew I had to get up.
     With effort, I opened my eyes and forced myself up from the ground. That's when I knew I wasn't in New York anymore.
     It was normal enough at first. I was laying on a beach next to a huge lake, where it stretched a ways until it came to an abrupt stop. A forest lay just beyond it, and that's where it got weird.

     Planets decorated the sky, galaxies and even meteors floated in the cosmos

Planets decorated the sky, galaxies and even meteors floated in the cosmos. If I hadn't been sitting, I would probably have fell butt-first.
I had to admit, it was really beautiful, but then again. Nothing was very beautiful when Kaine was after you.
I shot up, "Phantom? Can you hear me?"
His voice croaked like he hadn't spoken for years, I- I hear you.
I paused, looking for where Toxin was. Apparently it was a one way trip for one person only.
"Where are we?" I asked faintly.
A long pause, then, We are at my home planet . . . Kaine has brought us to his home turf so he can kill us.
I didn't feel like answering. So many things had happened, I felt like nothing could surprise me anymore. Not even if a car floated up from the lake and started talking to me.
"Can you get a location on the others?" I asked.
     No, Phantom said grimly, This is my planet, there is too much interference. Besides, I don't think we could have found them if we wanted to.
I looked around and sighed, "Then what do we do?"
There was a strangled gasp, and Phantom managed to get two words out, Run— away!
Having your back turned to a lake on a different planet isn't the best thing to do. So take my advice and never do it.
I turned and felt my knees turn to jelly, "What in the world is THAT?!"
     Technically we're not on your world, Phantom said matter of factly, So I have no idea.
"But this is your planet!" I yelled, stumbling away.
It looked like a dragon from one of those stories from the knight's time.

     It looked almost

It looked almost . . . human, though. The way it looked at me wasn't hateful or defensive, but curious.
It tilted its head and inched closer, sniffing my scent.
Phantom squeaked, G-g-good m-monster dragon t-t-thing.
I didn't move, "It doesn't look like it wants to hurt us."
The dragon came down to all fours and flicked its tail, as if asking, Do you have any food?
The dragon reminded me of Toxin, which made me feel guilty, which made me take pity in the thing.
"No, I'm sorry, buddy," I said softly, reaching my hand out hesitantly.
     The thing's head perked up, like I had just offered it seven thousand dollars.
     What are you DOING? That thing is going to bite your hand off!! Phantom shouted.
The dragon nudged its head on my hand, purring. If dragons can purr.
     ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! HE KILLED YOUR HAND, WE'RE GONNA DIE! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Phantom screamed so loud I doubled over.
"Ow, my head! Why do you have to yell so loud?!" I rubbed my temples.
The dragon stepped out of the water, shaking off its scales. He let out a sigh and nudged me.
"Woah, okay, boy. I guess you need a name," I looked the dragon over.
"Well, what about Tsunami?" The dragon shook his head. "Storm?" Shake. "Uh, Titan? Triton?" Shake. Shake. "Riptide?"
The dragon perked his head up, his eyes glinted with a playful light.
"Okay, Riptide it is then." I smiled a little.
     Now you have a giant of a pet. Phantom grumbled; I could detect a slight pang of jealousy.
I ignored the sarcasm, "Don't worry, Phantom. I think-"
Just then, Riptide jerked his head up. He bared his teeth and snarled, purple drool dribbled down his razor sharp fangs.
     See?! He wants to eat us!! Phantom started freaking out again.
"No," I looked back at the water, "Something's making him nervous."
     If something makes this big guy nervous, we're in trouble, Phantom whimpered.
Riptide gulped and backed up towards me.
I knew that we should have run, but my feet seemed frozen in place. Before Riptide could even do anything, three heads rose from the surface of the water.

 Before Riptide could even do anything, three heads rose from the surface of the water

     Fire flickered across the scales of the dragons that rose out of the water. I didn't see how it was possible, but who was I to say anything.
     Riptide reared on his back legs and roared.
     The biggest dragon in front of me spread its wings and roared right back. Ashes and embers flew from its mouth, frying my eyeballs.
     Now can we run? Phantom asked sarcastically.
     I looked back at Riptide. He looked back at me, and it was like a neutral understanding.
     I ran over to him, lifting myself at the last minute and landing on the scaly back.
     Riptide turned and jumped into the air, the red dragons left below, roaring in rage.
     Have I ever told you you're crazy? Phantom asked, his voice low.
     I smiled as I hung onto the dragon's neck, "No. Why?"
     You're crazy.

Lol, hi people. I know, I know. This story is getting WAY nuts. Like, Spidey on another planet? WHAAAAAAAT? Awesome, right? 😂 Don't worry, it's not gonna calm down for a while. Hope you enjoyed it.

-The Flash