Part 8 - Back At It Again

After that encounter with Masky you both walked in silence to the courtyard, the vines seemed to cover all the walls but on the interior you didn't notice it. Masky made his way towards a table with different items on it, you were too far away to identify them and he was standing in the way. You were about to say something when he started talking again.

"GPS satellites, unmanned drones.... fucking laser sights. All of these fuckers have modernized their equipment some way or another, the more crutches you have, the harder you fall, all I know is" he went over to the table and picked up a combat knife. "A six-inch knife never loses reception" after his little speech you were.... speechless.

"Your not serious right?, I mean... you don't actually have access that kinda hardware? Right?"

His head just jerked at you rather inelegantly, you could see his chest rise so you assumed he was talking a deep breath.

"Well... I mean... maybe I have bent the truth slightly. We can get BEN to hack into any satellites overhead a target, as for the unmanned drones, yeah that's just kinda not true" you just looked at him with a blank expression.

"And the laser sights part... for the people who do use firearms, they do use laser sights... speaking of firearms..." he put down the knife, picked up a gun and went over to you.

"This is a Beretta M9 (A/N I've done my homework on this). It can fire 15 9mm bullets in one clip" He unloaded the gun and showed you the clip, he put it back in and loaded it.

"Those bullets get shot at 381 meters per second, at close quarters that's enough to penetrate the thickest of skulls" To highlight his point he gently hit your forehead with his palm.

"Getting shot with this in the head at close quarters is gonna make you a new hole and give the wall behind you a pretty makeover" He handed you the gun.

"You know how to use this?"

You didn't seem to think it was that hard, you played games, they made it seem easy, just point and pull the trigger.

"How hard can it be, just point and shoot"

He face palmed after your response.

"Alright, using the steps you just gave me, shoot me"

Well, if there was any way to get out of here, this was it. You picked up the gun, aimed right in between the eyes and pulled the trigger..... except that the trigger wouldn't be pulled....

"Uh... I think this gun is broken"

Masky snatched the gun away from you.

"The only thing broken is your brain dumbass, shooting a gun is simple, but not that simple, turn off the safety, put the clip in, cock it, point it at the person and pull the trigger" he tossed you the loaded gun, understandably, you couldn't get a firm catch, you were afraid that'll it go off and you weren't ready to go to hell just yet.

"So uh.... what happens now?" You were curious

"This is just day 1 kid, get a feel for your gun, also one more thing, Hoodie wanted me to give you this"

He takes a knife out of his pocket, it was a standard issue combat knife, carbon black.

"Uh... cheers" you didn't have a better response

"You'll be practicing using this with him"

You were kinda taken back, you ran your finger across the blade, being the simpleminded fool you are

"Ah blyat!" You cut yourself accidentally, who would of thought that'll be your first war wound (also, if you don't know what blyat means, play CS:GO)

"You really are stupider than you look, get yourself a plaster from the kitchen and meet Hoodie here in 5 mikes" (military slang for minutes) Masky took off quickly, and you made your way to the kitchen.

(One hasty first aid session later)

You were in the courtyard and you saw Hoodie, he was just standing there, back turned towards you.

"Hey Hoodie!" You called out to him, but he remained unmoved, you walked up to him, he didn't even flinch, you went up to try and poke him....

Bam

In a flash you were pinned down and unable to move, Hoodie completely dominating you, out of nowhere, a muffled voice came out behind the hood.

"Lesson one, always have the element of surprise"

(A/N I know it took a while, but we're here, to be honest I only really continued this as a sort of new year new me sorta thing, also the 3000 reads convinced me as well ^-^, here's to a continuation of your journey