Chapter 8

TW: Mentions of Sexual Assault throughout chapter.

Carmens POV:

Gabby has been gone for about a half hour now and she isn't back yet. Getting a drink should take this long. I can feel something's off. My gut is telling me something is wrong. Finally I gave up waiting for her and left the dance floor. I made my way to the kitchen and look around.

            There are a group of people standing around in front of a keg so I walk over there. It's Tony and his friends.

"Tony have you seen Gabby?" I asked.

"No not since I left you two before, why?" He asked.

"I have a bad feeling." I said looking in his eyes.

"You want me to help you look for her?" Tony asked.

"No I'm just going to go look for myself. If I need help I'll come find you." I said and walked away.

            The kitchen is so crowded it's like a sea of people. My anxiety is starting to rise. Gabby's not here. After double-checking I made my way outside. Lauren and Ali are sitting together in a chair next to the fire. I walk right to them looking around for any sign of Gabby.

"Have you guys seen Gabby?" I asked once I got close enough.

            Ali got off of Laurens lap and fixed herself. Lauren got up and put her arm around Ali. This is so not the time for this.

"What?" Ali asked looking at me.

"Have you guys seen Gabby?" I asked again starting to lose my patience.

"Not since we left you two at the beginning, why?" Lauren asked.

"Something's wrong." I said. I turned back toward the house.

            The uneasy feeling in my stomach is growing as I run back toward the house. There are too many people in the house now and a lot of these girls are wearing similar outfits to Gabby.

"Carmen what's going on?!" Ali yelled as she caught up with me.

"I can't find Gabby. She left to get a drink 45 minutes ago and hasn't come back." I said walking back into the kitchen.

"Where should we look first?" Lauren asked.

"Find Tony first and look down here. I got upstairs." I said.

            I took off before either one of them could answer. I took the stairs two at a time. It isn't as crowded up here as downstairs so it is easier to move.

            Door after door I went through. Most of them had people getting in on. Some were empty. I just went into a bathroom and there are only two more rooms up here. I tried the one next to the bathroom but it is locked. I put my ear up to the door to try and hear something but I didn't hear anything. So I gave up on that door. Turning around I opened the door behind me. Empty.

            I went back to the door that's locked and listen. Nothing. Gabby has to be here though. I back up and looked at the door. It's painted white and made of wood. Without another second to spare I kicked the door in. There is a guy getting dressed and a girl on the bed. When the guy saw me his eyes went wide. I looked at him and then the girl in the bed.

            The girl is laying on the bed with her dress ripped pushed up above her waist and isn't moving. Her hair is behind her head. I walked farther in the room and got a better look at her. Gabby. Next to the bed her underwear is on the floor.