Chapter 20

After that day everything was ramped up into high gear. Our final games of the season were no joke but we were able to win all of them. The team was clicking on all levels and it was nice to see everyone finally come together down the stretch of the season. We made the plays and were the second ranked team in the division only losing one game the whole season.

Today is November 27th. Today is the championship game.

Our first playoff game was a joke, we won 7-0. All of our star players got pulled 10 minutes into the second half. The semifinal game was away and it was a good clean game. The final score was 2-0 us. Angela did a great job in goal stopping everything that came her way during both games.

Today is our championship game. We are playing against UCLA, the only team we lost against this season. They're still undefeated and nasty as ever. Coach made us watch tape from their whole season and both of their playoff games to try and pick up on some of their dirty plays. All we knew was that this game was going to be really rough.

The last two weeks have been absolute torture. Practice has been so hard I barely make it through the door before I pass out. Before practice I make sure everything is done because I know I won't have energy to do it after.

My relationship with Carmen is practically nonexistent at the moment and I feel terrible. She is being extremely patient with me and I don't know how she is doing it. Well I think I do because I'm pretty sure I can smell the cigarette smoke on her. Thank god this is the final or I don't know what I'm going to do.

My body is ready to shut down, I've stopped running in the morning because it feels like no matter how much sleep I get I feel like a zombie. I've been eating like a horse to try and replace all the calories I've been burning but it's hard when all I want to do is sleep all the time. If this is what the National Team is like, there is no way I'll be able to keep up. That reminds me, I confirmed my spot for the tryout. The week long camp is during spring break. I'm not all that excited that it's during spring break but I guess I just have to deal with it.

It's one in the afternoon now. I feel like shit. I haven't been feeling good the last couple of days. I was hoping it would pass if I rested but it hasn't. The game starts at 4 but I need to be at the field by 2:30.

Carmen is going to wake me up around 2. She thinks I'm sleeping at the moment but I'm not. I woke up around noon and I haven't been able to fall back asleep. My stomach is killing me. Sure, my period decides to come at the worst possible time ever.

I got up out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. I got myself two Midol and made my way to the kitchen. Carmen is on the couch with Rylie. Lauren and Ali are in the kitchen making themselves something. I'm in no mood for food. I got myself a cup of ginger ale and a piece of toast. As I took my seat at the table I could feel them staring at me. If I had the energy I would totally snap at them.

"You look like shit Gabs." Lauren finally spoke.

"And I feel like it too." I said and took a bite from my toast. My stomach is finally starting to settle, thank god, so I made some more toast to put something into my body.

After I was done with breakfast I went back to our room and got ready. Ten minutes later and I was ready to go. I put my headphones in my ears and walked out of the room. Lauren and Ali were waiting by the door. As we walked out together Carmen came out right behind us.

I grabbed her hand and we walked to the stadium. The walk took 10 minutes, when we got there I let go of Carmens hand. She pulled me in for a kiss.