Chapter 19

The week after we returned from Dalton was crazy. Soccer is getting more intense because playoffs are coming up. School's been nutty with midterms and projects that all are falling on the same day. Carmen and I have barely seen each other this week. Now I'm happy the weekend has come.

Saturday after practice Carmen and I went out for dinner at some Mexican restaurant in town. It was so nice to get some alone time together after not really getting to see each other since we went home for our anniversary. The reason we went out on Saturday was because Angela had something come up so we had to move our dinner with her and Nina to Sunday.

I didn't have any idea what to make for dinner, so I settled on ordering pizza. I called Angela to make sure it was okay with her and she said it was fine. Next thing on my mind was cleaning the apartment. Lauren and Ali are going to eat dinner and hang out with us also, so this should be fun.

Cleaning took most of the day because I did it by myself. Carmen went to meet her dad for something and thing 1 and 2 stayed in there room all day. It was better this way though because cleaning is easier when everyone was out of the way. Every once and a while I would take a break and take Rylie out and play with her for a minute, then went back to cleaning.

By the time I was done cleaning the apartment it was 4:30. Just as I sat down on the couch the front door opened.

"Babe?" Carmen called out.

"Living room." I said not wanting to move.

"Hey" She said as she sat down next to me.

"Hi" I said and gave her a kiss. "How was the meeting?" I asked.

"Good dad and I worked out a deal. I'm working with him for one day a week and that's it." Carmen said.

"That's great." I said.

"Yea, why are you sweaty?" She asked and chuckled.

"I just cleaned the whole apartment." I said.

"Right, how about we shower before they get here?" Carmen asked.

"Carry me?" I said too lazy to move.

Carmen smiled and picked me up off the couch. We had some great shower sex and got out after we cleaned ourselves. But I mean all shower sex is great right? Carmen helped me set everything up and Lauren and Ali finally came out of their cave.

The doorbell rang and I went to get it. When I pulled the door open Angela stood with Nina by her side.

"Hey guys come in." I said. Angela gave me a smiled and walked in with Nina close behind.

"Wow you guys have a nice place." Angela said looking around.

"Thanks." I said and led them to the dining room.

Carmen, Lauren and Ali were all passing things around the table as shut the door behind them.

"Take a seat wherever you want." I said taking my seat next to Carmen. Nina sat next to me and Angela sat at the head opposite Carmen.

The pizza came a few minutes later and we all dug in. The conversation flowed and it was nice for them to come over. It is nice to see Angela opening up more than her being quiet. Nina stayed quiet though for most of dinner. When Rylie started barking was when she started talking. Carmen excused herself from the table and got her from our room. When she came out Nina's eyes lit up.

"You have a dog?" She asked.

"Well Rylie is Carmen's and Carmen's mine so yea I have a dog." I said to her.