Epilogue

April 30th 2029

"Momma catch me!" I turn around and saw Lauren about to jump off the bed. I ran over to her side just as she jumped off the bed right into my arms. She giggled as I had a mini heart attack.

"Lauren don't you ever do that again okay, you really scared me." I said looking into her bright green eyes.

She's a spitting image of her mother even though I carried her. Lauren's bright green eyes bored into mine. She smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

"I'm sorry momma, I won't do it again." She said.

"It's okay lets go get your sister and we'll see if mommy is awake." I said. Lauren smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck.

I smiled and walked through the halls of the villa. Carmen rented the same Greek Island that we went to on our honeymoon for our tenth wedding anniversary. I had Lauren Ali on October 3rd 2025. She's now 4 and a little dare devil. Carmen and I are hoping it's just a phase. We are really lucky she hasn't hurt herself yet.

Leah is now 7. She is very much like Carmen, laid back and very protective over Lauren. But Leah has my love of sports. At the moment she is really into softball. I tried to get her into soccer but she didn't like it much. I was a bit disappointed but I got over it. I'm hoping Lauren likes soccer. We walked into Leah's room and I found her watching TV.

"Leah come on, lets go see mommy." I said. Leah turned off the TV and hopped off her bed.

"Do you think we could go swimming together?" She asked as we walked to the back door.

"If you ask her maybe." I said and opened the door.

Leah started running around me in circles as we walked toward Carmen. She is still in the chair watching the ocean. I put Lauren down and looked at my daughters.

"Leah go take Lauren down to the water. Mommy and I will be right behind you." I said. Leah nodded took Laurens hand and walked down to the water.

I watched my girls as I walked to the lounge chair Carmen is in. I knelt down next to it and looked at my sleeping wife.

"Carmen" I said and shook her lightly.

"Hey there sexy." Carmen said and opened her eyes.

"Are you okay because you've been sleeping all day." I asked concerned.

"I'm fine. I'm trying to catch up on sleep because the girls keep us busy along with work." Carmen said and sat up.

"Hey this is a work free vacation." I said

Carmen patted the chair and I sat in between her legs with my back to her chest. I put my head on her shoulder as her arms wrapped around my stomach. I held her hands as I watched our daughters play in the water.

We moved back Dalton a month after Leah was born. Carmen's dad set up an office building in the next town over so Carmen doesn't have to travel for work unless she has too. After the 2022 season with The Flash I only played for the national team. I helped the team win another world cup and Olympic gold medal. After the Olympics I hung up my cleats. My body isn't as fast as I used to be.

Now I run the diner. My brothers still live in Dalton and work at the diner. Both of them are married and have kids of their own. My mom still lives in her house and works at the diner as a waitress. She pasted the ownership down to my brothers and I, but I own 40% while they only have 25% each. My mom has the other 10%.

My father is still serving his prison sentence. When the option for his parole came up Carmen hired a lawyer to try and get the parole board to release him but Greg's family put a big fight and unfortunately they remained my father to continue serving his sentence. We still have our weekly phone calls and I try to visit him once a month.