4

Everyday is the same thing. Repeating. Repeating. Same thing. I've been in here for eight days straight. My body is getting small. I been getting less food and water. Every minute I'm hungry, every second I get thirsty. Jacob and his boys were downstairs smoking and laughing. While I've here for eight days, I came up with a plan to get me out of here. It's risky but I have nothing to lose. My plan was telling him that I need to go to the bathroom but little did he know, there was a window in there. I'm going to use that escape.  

Lost track of how long I've been here. I'm slowly giving up but I still have a plan so I'm not giving up just now. Have to go with it. Have to see where it takes me. Every now and then, I hear people coming downstairs. I overheard heard this man asking if I was for sell. Jacob wasn't liking that. I heard him saying I wasn't going anywhere. I was wondering why he kept me held hostage. What's the reason? As soon as I get free, I'm going to the police. They will take care of  everything. I will have a life again. I will be with friends, my family. I will be free. Any went by and of course there was nothing to do. I started singing. Singing is my most passion. While I was singing, someone was hitting the door, making me jump. " Stop that singin or you will regret it." He shouted. " What else am I suppose to do? There's nothing." I shouted back. "I don't know and I don't care. Just keep quiet." He hit the door one last time before leaving.  

When the time is right and his friends are not around, that's when I do the plan. I'm getting out of here.

Few days later

" Eat up." He slammed the plate on the ground. Causing the food to fall. " Don't worry, I didn't poison the food." 

" I didn't say anything about that." I snapped. 

" Just eat the damn food." He walked out. Right when he about to close the door, I crawled and placed a rock in the front of the door so it won't close all the way.

  I quietly listened for footsteps.I Hearing a door closing, he went into his room. Peeking through, it was clear. Moving quickly as I can, I hide behind the wall. I took out the fork that I sharpen from my pocket, turning the corner from the wall. " Where you think you're going?" Jacob was right there. Putting the fork in my back pocket so he won't see it. " I was going to the bathroom. I need to go."

" Why didn't you stay in that room where  you can shouted my name?" I stepped closer as I walked backward. " I thought you were in your room. I didn't want bother you." He looked at me. Studying my face. " Go to the bathroom. I'm waiting right here so you won't do anything stupid." He said crossing his arms and putting his back against the wall. " I need my privacy. " He sighed and walked away. "Don't do anything stupid, you hear me?" I rolled my eyes and closed the door. Waiting a few seconds then flash the toilet to make it sound like I was using it then I turn on the sink. That's when I turned to the window. Lifting it with my hands , it was heavy to push up. Finally the window came up and that's when I can climb out. " What's taking so long?" Hitting the door and trying to open the door but I locked it. "Can't I wash my face in peace?" 

" Hurry up now." He shouted. I needed something to hold the window since it's heavy. Looking around the bathroom to find something. All I found was tissues so I stack them on top of each other so it can stay up. More banging coming from the door. Lifting myself up by using the toilet to push myself up. Wiggling through the frame was kind of hard because it little bit small but it enough to get me through it.

 Landing on the grass, knocking down the tissues and closing the window shut. I ran. I ran fast. I didn't know where the police station was but I didn't care. I'm free. Going into a store, asking them to call the police. " Miss, are you ok?" This woman that work here ask me. " I'm fine, please call the police please." 

When she got off the phone, she sat me down and her sister gave coffee.  " What happened to you?" Putting down the coffee so I can speak. " I was held hostage by this man." She put her hand over her mouth. " Pobrecito. You have any reason why he would do this?" I shook my head no. " Don't worry sweetie. We and the police are going to  help you." I thanked them and waited for the police to come. 

They came in and questioned me about what happened. " I've been held hostage for I don't know how long. He never gave me a answer for why he did it." They wrote it down in their notepad. " Have he ever hurt you?" He ask. " Beaten." He nodded and wrote it down. " You know where he is right now? If so, take us there while you wait in the car. We're taking care of this." I told the police men where it was. " When your're done, bring her bring. She's coming with me." The woman said. " Alright, ma'am."  

" Alright, we're going to go in, you stay here. Hide if you need to so he won't see you in the car." I nodded. They walked up the door, knocking on it. Jacob opened it but his shirt was wet. I ducked up behind the seat.

Few more minutes, the police men came back. " What did he say?" I ask. " He doesn't recall of someone being held hostage." He said. " But do you believe me when I said I was held  hostage? You obviously tell." 

" Yes. He's lying. Since you been through a lot, I'm taking you back to the lady who said she's going to take care of you. We're taking him in." I nodded and slump back into the seat. 

I went back to the store where she was waiting outside of the store. " Everything went ok?" She ask. " They're going to take him in." She hugged me. " Come on, let's go home so you can rest. I know you're hungry."  We got to her house and showed me around. " This will your room. It used to be my son's but he went off to college. Come downstairs, I'm fixing you a meal." I thanked her. "How did all of this happened?" 

" It was at a party my friend wanted me to go. She said they have these sort of things to make people loosen up. Then this dude wanted me to dance with him and after that I don't remember anything but I woke up in a dark, silent room." She shook her head, putting the plate of food in front of me. " I'm just glad you're safe now." 

" Me too. I didn't catch your name." 

"Maria." 

"Thank you, seriously."