6

I told Maria what happened when she got back from work. She was getting worried about my safety. Honestly, I was too. He's out of jail. How? Maybe his friends bailed him out. All I know is, he's going to try to get me. " Maria, what am I going to do?" I ask. Scared and worried was the look on her face. " Here, I got something for you to keep." She into her purse and took out a pepper spray and a pocket knife. " You need this for your safety. Whenever you see him, spray him with this then use the pocket knife whenever you need to." I nodded and put the knife in my front pocket and the spray in my hand. "He won't come towards you when he sees it." 

During the day, we went to the police department to tell them that he's out. " I'm sorry ma'am there's nothing for us can do. He got bailed out a someone who paid the bail money." The police said. " So, I'm going to let him, whenever he wants?" I snapped. "What you can do is get a restraining order." He suggested. A restraining won't keep him away. Being in jail didn't keep him in jail."That won't stop him. The restraining order won't work. Is there anything else?" I ask."No, ma'am. If there any problems let us now. If he comes, call us asap." I nodded and headed out of the station. " You know what to do, Sam," Maria said, putting her hand on my shoulder. " I know what to do. What if he shows up?" 

"He won't but if he will, you know what to do. " 

We stayed and talk about what we're going to do and how it's going to be done. " Since we got this down, you know what you're going to do, you got this." 

It has been a few days already I haven't seen Jacob at all.  I'm surprised that he hadn't shown up. Seems like he really wanted to get me held hostage again. Maria took me back to the nail salon for training. While I'm there, Maria went back to her job. When I look out the window, I don't see Jacob standing outside. " Ok, when you're doing their nails, you have to make sure that's what they want. Someone people came in and they didn't like what they saw. " I nodded my head and writing down notes. I always have to write down important stuff so I can look back it. A customer walked in and Lacy told her to have a seat and introduced me to her. Asking how her day was going, she responded back saying great. I was almost done with the last nail. " Oh, my gosh. I love it." She said, so excited. " I'm so glad you love it." 

" Here." Reaching through her purse, pulling $50. " No, that's too much, you keep it." I refused to take the money. It's too much. " Girl just take the money. You did an amazing job on my nails. I have to give you a tip. Take it please." I put the money in my pocket. " Thank you." 

"No problem." After that, she left out the door. "Well, I see you win over her. You got skills. Great job."

Been three hours. It was time for me to lock out. Putting in Maria's number on phone, calling to tell her I'm ready to go. Walking outside while the warm air hitting my face and pushing my hair back. I love this. I missed it. Walking around the corner, trying to find Maria's car. I felt someone tapped my shoulder. " Excuse me." I turned around and a rag came close to my face. Breathing in fumes, making me weak. Eyes became a blur and I couldn't see who it was. I blacked out.  

Waken by water drops dropping on my face. Hands tied behind my back. Black, silent room. I was back in the same room I was before. " Get me out of here," I shouted. I wasn't crying. I was done with crying. " Get me the fuck out of here, I'm done with the games you're playing." He opened the door walked over to me, started kicking. " Listen." Grabbing my chin, making me look at him. " I don't play games at all. You're not going to get away with it." I forgot I had a pocket knife in the back of my pants. Slowly taking it out and cutting the ropes. Grabbing the pepper spray, getting ready to aim. " You're not going anywhere." Right when he said that, I sprayed him right in the eyes. He grabbed his face, tears running down his face. Quickly getting up, kicking and punching him in the rib. Before I ran, I closed the door and locking it. He won't be getting out. Making the run for it out the door and run by the highway where so many cars drove by. Putting up my thumb, telling them to stop. Luckily, one stopped. " Can you take me the salon close by?" I ask. I was breathing hard. " Sure, get it."

Pulling into the entrance, there were cop cars. Some was talking to Maria.  "Maria." I ran to her. "Sam, what happened to you? Did he take you?  Come talk to the police." Maria guided me to them.

 It has been a long day. Maria and I decided to go out to eat. " Sam, I've been thinking. I think you should come with me to work. You just have to work on a day when it's right for both of us. He will only get you when you're alone." Maria said. "I understand and I'm ok with that." 

"Thank you for understanding. I'm trying to keep you safe."