11

It has been a few months. I don't know what day is, I lost count of how long I've in here. Everything here was still the same of course.  Chase got five more months to get out of here. I  bet he's happy about that. Getting to see his wife and kids. That's amazing to have someone you love waiting for you to get out. People say jail changes you as a person. At first, I didn't believe that but now I believe it. It has changed me as a person. From the months I've been here, I always remembered what Chase told me, you have to stand up for yourself. That's what I'm doing. I fought about five to seven guys here. I'm known for fighting here now. The new Inmates don't know me but they will get to know me. The new me. The old me would never fight seven guys. He's gone. "Jacob, you better calm down now. I know I told ya to stand up for yourself but you don't have to go around fighting anyone that looks at ya." I was doing air pushes, you know showing off my skills I've been working on. Every since I been working on myself, I got bigger. " Settle down." He quickly shouted. Next, I was doing push-ups on the ground. "There's nothing stopping ya, ain't there?" I shook my head, still doing push-ups. "Tell me." He continued. "What's the real reason why you're doing this? You know working on yourself, fighting everyone." I stopped then stood up. "Yes. I'm doing it for her. I want to protect her, I want to show her that I change." I put my hands on my hips. "If that she'll let me. That's the only problem. That's the only thing I'm  doubting." I wiped the sweat off my forehead. "Don't doubt yourself, Jacob. You never know if she'll forgive you. Don't say that. She'll see the real you. She'll know." He's right. "But all the things I did. Sam will remember those." Chase shrugged his shoulder. He said what he had to say. Can't question it anymore. It has been a few hours and we had to walk down the hall then to the main hall that was next to the cafeteria where we eat. I honestly ate the food because there is no other food to eat in this jail. "Wow, you're finally eating. I'm surprised." Chase laughing and started eating. "Well, you gotta eat or I'll end up skin and bones." I notice I was eating fast. I must have been hungry. "After here, you want to the gym? We get recess. You know, out in the sun."  

"Jacob, fine." Putting the fork that he had in his hand on the tray. The guards told everyone to put their trays on the stand and head out. The first thing I saw was the weights. Done three sets of planks, push up, sit ups, etc. I was getting build. My body was getting big. Sweat forming on my forehead. Breathing heavy. I love it. I never work on myself I'm until now.  I overheard that there was going to be visiting time coming up this in two weeks. I want to see Sam and apologize for what I did. In person. We got headed back to our cell. Chase was laying down facing the wall. Slightly taping on his back, he moved his head that was now facing me. "What do you want?"

"I heard we are having visiting time next week. How can I get Sam to visit me?" Chase sat up on his bed, yawning. "Well, you have to get the guards to contact her. That's only if she'll come." I put my head down. I don't think too much, overthink this so I took myself to bed. I cleared my mind so I can focus on my breathing. 

It has been a week and a few days ago, I told one of the guards to contact Sam. Hopefully, she'll come. I'm making things right. Visiting time is in one more week. Am I nervous? Nah, I'm never nervous. Chase gets to see his family also. I thought about a family but that's not really for me.  I'm a bad person who did bad things. I can't take care of a family of mine. It won't happen. I was so in my thoughts that someone pushed my back. " Push me one more time and see what happens." I didn't take a second to look to see who done that. "Calm down boy. It's just me." I let out a breath. "I'm sorry, my bad." I took a seat on the cold bed. "Tell me what's going on with you. Your moods changes." Looking down at my hands, messing with my fingers. "I have acted weird, haven't I? I don't mean to it's just...hard being in here with I'm trying to get stuff ready before I get out." Chase sat right next to me. Putting his hand on my shoulder. "You haven't gone out yet and you're already getting the thing straight. I understand you fixing things with Sam but you have to remember you still got time in here. Don't rush it." He's right. I'm rushing it. I need to take my time to get out of here.