six

WELCOME TO DAUNTLESS

Camilla stood behind the Dauntless-born initiates as they left the ceremony. Her eyes gazed the crowd, searching for those she was leaving behind. However, the only person she could see was her olive-skinned friend. The girl had already been staring at her, a smile on her face. She nodded at the redhead, who replied with the same gesture. It read many things, that nod. Thank you, good luck, goodbye. It held meaning to the both of them.

The people behind her pressed forward, wanting to leave. The moment before she exited the large room, she threw a glance over her shoulder, determined to see someone else, she couldn't help it. Her eyes caught her uncles. She swore he was smiling.

Casting a look to the person next to her she was met with a Candor boy who seemed strangely familiar. She was unsure how, as she chose not to associate herself with them.

The boy sent a glance in her direction before sending a scowl her way. He picked up his pace, but not before muttering something along the lines of, "Amity Pansy."

Camilla glared at the back of his head as the faction approach the stairs. She was confused because she thought only Abnegation took the steps, but the moment people began to run she realised it was not because they were being selfless. They were being free. Not wanting to be confined in an elevator. She didn't hesitate to join in, never the one to pass up the opportunity to take part in one of her favourite activities.

They began to whoop and holler, and she couldn't stop the laughter that escaped her grinning lips. She found herself forgetting about everything around, focused solely on the joy she felt as she heard her feet pound the ground. She felt the same feeling running through her veins, the one she felt whenever she ran.

A cheer escaped her. She hardly realised she had overtaken the other transfers and was now running alongside the Dauntless-born. Her feet carried her swiftly down the stairs and outside the building, only slowing to a stop when those in front of her did too. The train tracks sat before her.

"You're pretty fast." A Dauntless boy next to her said. Camilla looked over, surprised to see him looking in her direction. She turned around, not seeing anyone else that he could have spoken to, only the other transfers, making their way over. She looked back, raising an eyebrow before pressing a finger to herself in question, receiving a nod and a chuckle. "Yes, you."

"Thanks, I run all the time." She responded with a small smile, taking note of the rest of them beginning to line up, the boy either didn't care about her red clothes or he didn't seem to notice. "I'm Camilla."

"Uriah."

Camilla was about to speak up again when something behind him caught her attention. A train was barreling towards them. Her eyes widened in both alarm and excitement.

She stepped forward and began to jog with her new faction. The train passed them quickly, showing no interest in slowing down, and she began to wonder if she'd be able to board it or if she would be left behind.