eighteen

ARCH NEMESIS

ARCH NEMESIS

Camilla wasted no time after that morning's confrontation, heading straight for the training room as if her life depended on it — though, in a twisted way, it did. Her heart was hammering the entire way there, irritating her to no end. Her fists clenched and she fought the urge to tear her heart from her chest and smash it into a million tiny, bloody pieces.

Why did the three of them have to be so infuriating?

Upon reaching the training room, she had managed to settle her erratic heart, taking deep breaths until she pushed the two large doors open. A relieved sigh slipped past her dry lips when her eyes fell upon Tris, who was standing rigidly by Al; eyes focused on the board as Four wrote each fight for the day.

She strode over to them, the anger that had previously been coursing through her veins over what the Terrible Trio had done made her walk seem more aggressive than intended. Apparently, her face was just as intimidating, as when Al saw her stomping towards them, his eyes widened immensely and he quickly looked away.

"Why's everyone so tense this morning?" He mumbled, deciding to slip away from the two girls, hoping to find Christina and Will, once he spotted Camilla's eyes set on Tris.

The ginger barely even noticed Al's disappearance as she stopped by the blonde's side, her confidence wavering, unsure on how to approach the subject. With a quiet sigh, Camilla decided to just open her mouth and speak.

"Tris... about this morning... are you—" Though her words were quickly cut off by Tris before she could even finish asking if the girl was okay.

"You're fighting Drew." Was all she said, her eyes colder than her voice; glued to her own name that was written next to Molly's.

Her breath hitched as her gaze snapped to the board, finding that, indeed, her name was next to the chalky-white one of Drew. Doubt flickered in her chest as she thought of all the rage and hatred that was bottled up inside of him, all directed at her. Like a loaded gun, pointed at her head with him on the other end, ready to pull the trigger.

Camilla knew first hand how dangerous that could be, how much of a drive to win it could give you, or in Drew's case, a drive to beat her. Perhaps her's had never been as intense as his was, but that only made him all the more threatening. He had been waiting for this ever since Camilla had drawn first blood, smacking him across the cheek all those years back.

Annoyance suddenly bloomed in her chest, her eyes narrowing. Why, after so many years, did he still care? Camilla had completely forgotten he had existed, (only ever remembering when someone decided to bring it up as an example after saying Hey! Aren't you that aggressive Amity? As if she were some kind of freak of nature.) so why couldn't he just do the same?

Because he's Drew. Stated a voice in the back of her mind. What did you expect? Him to tell you he forgives you then give you a hug? You're not in Amity anymore, Pansy.