eleven

REUNITED

REUNITED

Camilla found herself eating alone in the nearly-empty cafeteria, her plate filled with fruit, eggs, and bacon. She was tempted to get some toast, even a bread roll, but after several minutes of deliberation she decided against it, telling herself, I'll try it another time. Though Camilla knew that wasn't the truth.

The yellow-tinted room was strangely quiet at that time in the morning-whatever that may be. Truth be told, the concept of time had seemed to disappear in her new faction, and if she didn't see a clock or it wasn't told directly, the hours of the day seemed to bleed into one, which was rather disorientating.

Due to Amity being a heavily outdoor faction, Camilla could practically tell the time just by the position of the sun (if it wasn't cloudy, of course) but now, since she was underground and surrounded by the same yellow or blue lamps, it was difficult to tell the difference between night and day. Not only that, but Camilla was beginning to wonder how long it would take for her tanned skin to fade back to its natural pale white.

The redhead sighed loudly, briefly drawing the attention of the people nearby, and began to tap her fork on the side of her plate. There were many things she missed about Amity, things she now realised she had taken for granted, like the grass, the wind, the birds, the rain, the sky, all of it. Of course, Camilla knew she wouldn't be kept in the Dauntless caverns forever, but until then, she could only wish for the wind in her hair, the grass against her skin, the sunlight basking her face, and the sweet chirping of birds in the early morning.

However, until then, she would make the most of her new and contrasting surroundings.

A girl, dressed in black and red (the usual dauntless attire) suddenly sat down in front of Camilla. She had tightly coiled, chin length, dark brown hair that was done in a way Camilla had never seen before. She also had a large smile on her face and a wild gleam in her dark eyes. If Camilla didn't know any better then, at first glance, she might have assumed the girl was Ella's sister.

"I'm Dinah." The girl finally said. Her voice was fast but smooth and held and a twinge of playfulness — like she was in on a joke that the other person wasn't.

"I'm Camilla." The redhead replied slowly, unsure about the girl.

Dinah made a noise that sounded like a mix of a scoff and a chuckle. "I know who you are."

"You do?"

She nodded. "Of course. Second jumper and only Amity transfer, which, by the way, is very exciting. I don't think we've ever had an Amity that made it past the jump in a long time, and yet here you are, not just surviving but thriving too."

Thriving, Milla! The ginger smiled as she thought to herself, you're thriving!

"Thanks." Camilla said, ignoring the fact that the girl seemed to know a lot about her. "Are you an initiate too?"