X

AARON'S hand hadn't left Eli's from the moment their finger had first intertwined, and both boys found themselves more comfortable with the contact than they had anticipated.

Aaron took his attention from the road for a moment to glance at this hand, the way it moulded so well with Eli's. He noticed the cuts on his own knuckles, reflected onto the other boys hands in alternate ways.

They were so different, in so many ways, but Aaron couldn't deny the way that he felt whenever he met Eli's eyes.

He could spend hours, his fingers brushing over each of the freckles that scattered over the raven haired boy's face as he courted them individually, memorising each one.

But for now his fingers stayed laced in Eli's, and his hand stayed on the steering wheel as he watched the moonlit road.

Eli hadn't looked at Aaron since he got into the car, and not a word had been spoken between the two of them. His fingers tangled in Aaron's was enough for him, to settle his anxious thoughts and racing heart.

He found himself gulping on reflex when Aaron pulled into the driveway of a seemingly expensive house. Even with the lights out, to Eli, it looked like more of a home than his four walls ever could.

Aaron felt almost guilty at his luxuries, coming from a fairly wealthy family, when he knew there were people like Eli.

Wordlessly, the two boys exited the car, resulting in their hands leaving each other's. With the heavy rain still pounding into every available surface, they both raced to the door, entering the house within a minute.

Eli's eyes searched the expensive home, taking note of each thing he had never had.

      From beside him, Aaron cleared his throat, gaining the raven haired boy's attention "Did you want to take a shower, or something? A towel? I don't really know protocol..."

      Eli scoffed "For what? A suicide risk?"

      Aaron frowned, an expression Eli found himself hating "I just want to help you dude. I'm ill equipped, I have no idea what to do"

      Eli rubbed the back of his neck, guilt running through his veins "I didn't mean it, I'm sorry. A towel sounds great, thanks"

Aaron nodded, heading to the laundry.

      "I was never going to do it" Eli added, the words sending hope though Aaron's entire system.

Even though he felt so much at those words, he couldn't say a thing.

      Before he was out of sight, he turned back to Eli "Just make yourself at home" He offer with a small smile.

The boy, however, stayed standing in place, unsure of how exactly to do that. In his almost eighteen years, he had never been able to make himself feel at home, even in his own house.

When Aaron returned, Eli's eyebrows shot up his forehead as he stared at the now shirtless boy. Aaron wasn't paying attention however, as he held his phone to his ear, listening to his best friend's advice.

Eli shook his head, clearing his thoughts as he took the towel handed to him gratefully.

The brunette hung up the call a few moments later, pulling a clean, dry shirt over his head.

      "Who was that?" Eli asked curiously, attempting to get his mind off the thoughts that ran through his head when he saw Aaron.

      "Parents," Aaron lied smoothly "They're coming back home in like three days, so just checking in"

Eli nodded in understanding, dropping his head as the conversation dulled.

      A question ran through Eli's mind, lifting his head in order to speak "How-"

His words were cut off by a pair of lightly chapped lips pressing against his own softly, warm hands against his cheeks.

Eli's eyes went wide for only a second before he let himself slip into the safety of Aaron's gentle grip.

she was right, Aaron thought, a small smile painting his lips from his best friend's advice.

Eli dropped the towel he had hung around his shoulders, his hands holding onto Aaron's forearms as he felt himself becoming light-headed from the impact of the kiss.

The sensation was burning, like a deep scar into the back of his mind. Every colour he had begged for from a sunset dared caress his whole body, lulling him further into the touch of the brunette, who's lips moulded into his perfectly.

It couldn't have been long enough when Aaron pulled away, only slightly, to meet Eli's eyes, dancing with dreams.

      Aaron could hardy disguise his smile as he counted the freckles on Eli's face "I want to apologise, but I'm not sorry"

      "Kiss me again and we're even" Eli mumbled back, before placing his lips back onto Aaron's, his thoughts slipping away.