EIM PART 1- Chapter 13: Dog House

I am dragged into my cell again, and I got thrown on the floor. "Just wait till the alpha gets back he hates rouges. I will make sure I'm the one to punish you." The cell guard spat at me, ending in a sinister laugh. I get up and force myself to be his eye level. Xena was trying to intimidate him. "Ya. And let's see what happens when your alpha, my mate, hears how you all treated your alpha female and soon to be Luna." He looked shocked but stood his ground. I knew his wolf didn't know if he could trust me because I sent it but could tell I'm important. He ticked his tongue and left abruptly.

"Oh, my goddess, is you okay. I'm so sorry. I can't believe they are doing this to you." Pauline cried out as she rushed towards my cell. "Why is it going to happen?" I asked quickly. "Well, the council will punish you by putting you in a well doghouse. It's humiliating. They chain you up to a post that is laced in silver, so you can't escape. It is open, and the other pack members can see you. During this time, the pack will degrade you for your wrong doings they can throw food and scraps at you, Andy Garbage, they want, really. You get two meals a day, usually rice and chicken, and they are served in dog bowls. If not, it's usually just leftovers. If you don't eat from the dishes or if you use your hands, the guards will whip you."

We look around, not meeting each others eyes. The silence was killing me. I'm frightened for the moment they come to take me to the doghouse. This is wrong. "Why didn't the old alpha, your husband protect the Lunas better? Even if rejected, the proper Luna should still be entitled to her role." I question sadly. "He was just taking over the position, but when he became Alpha, theyre was a war against the rogues few years back. They tried to fight us after there had been an earthquake at the last territory they took over. We, David and I, had just had our Luna and Alpha ceremony. They attacked, and well, they captured him. I know he's alive. I can feel him. The bond is still there." Wow, I can't imagine what that is like. I'm going crazy now without my mate. Xena cries whenever I think about him. My thoughts were cut short when I heard the metallic doors open. Two female guards bring me to the doghouse. I know it's going to be bad, Xena and I are both on edge from the heat creeping up.

As Pauline follows me to the doghouse, the guards push me around. I snarl at them, and they quit it. Taking their jobs seriously and seeing me as a threat to the pack, they shoved me into the dirt to show me I'm nothing to them. I can't believe this is how they are treating me. Things really need to change.

The guard with more dominance forced me to my knees and clipped a collar on my neck. She shoved my head down and told me not to look at her with disgust. "You're weak. No fight, defiantly not going to be our Luna. We don't waste our time with weak wolves." I growled at her, and she hurried back. She locked my door. Pfft, if that was true, Jannette wouldn't have lost against me. Pauline rushes to me. "They won't let me stay. All females are to report to the mating rooms. I hate that they're trying your ideals too, and you can be there. I must go, but I will be back in a week to tell you how it all went. Please take it easy and just think he will be back for you. This is happening for a reason."

Just then, a few guards lead the Luna and all females around to their new heating rooms. As some pack members passed by, I received the nastiest looks and gestures I whimper. I miss my old pack, my freedom.

I couldn't see what was happening, but Xena had a proud stance in my mind. She hinted they won't be fine without me. I had a feeling they wouldn't have as much relief as they would with me. It was a strong feeling I couldn't explain it. That's when I felt that all too familiar pain in my gut. My never-ending heat was starting. I looked at the plain light wood furniture it that would make our room look better. It felt like nothing I had before. No guards close by because of the heat. I hated being in here with this stupid heat. I can tolerate it for now, but what about the initiation. The next couple of days I had suffered in pain, the throbs starting to give up, I huddled in the small actual doghouse structure and fell asleep.

When I woke up, the same pain wracked my body. I could hear the screams from Jannette, but I wouldn't give the pack my grounds of unpleasure known to them. Some of the males came to watch us suffer. They even left nasty reminders. They were pigs, and I plan on educating them when I am Luna. I know what they look like smell like and even got a few names I will not forget. Xena is barely controlling herself. Goddess, please give me strengths to fight my mates pack and show I am worthy to be rightful, Luna.

Finally, my heat is done, and I can relax a little better. I can say it's not too bad. I guess the only thing driving me nuts is not shifting. I was supposed to be aloud to shift, but I'm sure this was an exception. Luna Pauline finished two days after me and explained she would be the one seeing me for 2 hours out of the day for shifting and for her to educate me. When I finally got thru the first month, Xena was driving me nuts. She'd try to take over she move my body in ways I didn't instruct it. She would crawl around begging for attention. I try to sooth her, and she sends warmth to me when I do.

Next thing I know, I get a bad feeling. Something is going to happen, and it's not going to be good. I see guards go towards a different cell now, realizing Jannette is out. As she walks by me, she gives me the evillest glare I have ever seen. She mouths "you're dead" to me. And for some reason, I know this is going to be hell now.

A/N
I am so sorry for the long wait. I have been a bit busy, but I'm back.