Chapter Twenty-Two

Onyx stopped when she was a yard away from Hannah, staring her down. The dark haired girl made sure to funnel every bad emotion she was feeling into her stare, and to keep her face as emotionless as possible.

"Hannah," she said flatly.

"Onyx, my darling," she snarled, glaring.

"Stop hurting these people," Onyx commanded, "this is between you and me, not them."

A bitter laugh fell from Hannah's laugh, "one boy tells you how he feels and suddenly you care about other people."

"Maybe I've learned how to feel again," Onyx responded, "or maybe I know that you are lashing out at these people because you're really angry at me."

"But why should I stop? What makes all these people different than the ones that we've killed in the past?" Hannah questioned.

"For one, you gain nothing from hurting them. Every other person we've killed has been so we could get the monetary reward that came with their death. You will not get money from these people's deaths," Onyx told her.

"Oh but I do gain something," Hannah said, "I get your attention again."

"That's what this is about?" Onyx said, a laugh slipping from her lips, "getting my attention again? You could have done that a million different ways, and now I have to stop you."

"Oh you can try, Onyx, but you can't stop me from trying to ruin everything good in your life that you don't deserve. No matter what you do, I will always come back to take away everything you have, just like you did to me," Hannah snarled.

"When did I ever take anything away from you?" Onyx asked.

"It was your idea to go undercover! It was your idea to get caught and put with foster families! It was you who took away everything good in our lives!" Hannah yelled.

"How?" Onyx yelled back, "you got put with a rich couple who never wanted anything but a child! You could have had anything in the world that you wanted! How is that bad? I was the one that got put with a poor family! You were the one who wrongfully believed that just because I was living with someone else our age that I was replacing you!"

A scoff fell from Hannah's lips before she opened her mouth to respond. Onyx never gave her the chance. As anger grew in her stomach, she finally looked right into Hannah's eyes and unconsciously took control of her body. As Onyx started walking backwards out the door, Hannah was forced to follow.

"If you hadn't let your jealousy and possessiveness get the better of you, we would never have drifted apart! We would still be friends, we would still be close and we could have accomplished the very mission we set out to! But no, you had to see things that weren't there! This is as much on you as it may be on me!"

Panting, anger blazing in her eyes, Onyx continued to back Hannah out of the train station. People walking towards the doors parted around the two girls, giving them a wide berth. Onyx wanted to end it right there, to end Hannah right there, but a flash of red and blue swinging by made her reconsider doing it.

She was going to try to stop for Peter, and if he was really to believe her, she couldn't kill Hannah as much as she wanted to, as much as she deserved to die.

Onyx broke her control over Hannah and took several steps back, panting. A laugh fell from Hannah's lips that irritated Onyx to every end.

"Look at what he's done to you!" Hannah snarled. "You are weak! Pathetic! You had every chance, all the control, and you couldn't even kill me!"

Anger boiled in Onyx's gut. How dare she accuse her of being weak. She was not weak. The dark haired girl charged at the redhead, knocking her off her feet and to the cement sidewalk out front of the doors if the train station. Hannah was careful to avoid looking in Onyx's eyes as she readied her fist to send it at her face. Before Onyx could land the blow, though, her arm froze.