Epilogue

Two weeks after the incident with Hannah at the train station, Onyx and Peter had fallen back into their old routine. MJ and Gwen had no idea what had happened, and the pair didn't tell them the whole truth, either. When they noticed the change in Onyx's attitude, they were simply told that an old friend of Onyx's had died. And it was left at that.

As for Onyx and Peter themselves, well, they started the beginnings of a relationship. Nothing too serious, just a label and hand-holding. Moving too fast was not really Onyx's style, and she was still getting used to having feelings at all. It had been too long since she'd felt anything.

The girl still wondered who that person was that Peter had said could help her. It had been two weeks since he'd mentioned it, and no one new had been introduced into their lives. She kept waiting for the ball to drop, but nothing happened. She didn't ask, she just waited for Peter to make the next step.

Along with the nightmares of the people she'd hurt and killed in the past with Hannah, the death of Hannah herself joined the fray. But Peter was always there to calm Onyx down after a nightmare and reassure her that everything was okay now.

When Peter asked if she wanted to grab some dinner at a local diner, she wasn't overly suspicious of it. She wondered why that day, or where it had come from, but she didn't wonder why he wanted to go out to dinner.

The diner was nice and the food smelled very good. Onyx couldn't wait to get her hands on a menu so that she could order some food. But when Peter lead her to a large booth instead of a small table or smaller booth, she did question it.

"This booth is a bit big, no?" she asked.

"Well, not for four of us," Peter answered.

"I thought you were supposed to be good at math, Peter. There's only two of us here," Onyx teased.

"Right now. They aren't here yet," he explained as he slid into the booth next to her.

"They?"

"I know you don't like to talk about it, but you remember how I said that I knew someone that could help you on the day of the fight with Hannah?" he asked her.

"Of course I do," she answered.

"We're meeting them today. Well, only one of them is the one I can think will help you, but I wouldn't really trust him on his own, so that's why she's coming with him," Peter said.

"Playing the pronoun game so I don't know who you're talking about, clever," Onyx teased.

Peter rolled his eyes, but he was smiling. He handed her a menu and she got distracted by all the food options that she could try. She wasn't sure what she wanted to order and she was so distracted by it that she didn't notice the two people approaching the table till they slid in in front of her.

It was a man and a woman. The woman had short brown hair, and a very distinct necklace that hung around her neck. She was very ordinary looking, especially compared to the man sat next to her. His face (and she suspected the rest of his body) was covered in scars, all the hair on his head gone. But he had this odd look in his eyes.

"Onyx, I'd like you to meet Wade Wilson, and Ada Smith," Peter introduced.

"Hello," she said.

"Nice to meet you," Ada said with a smile.

"So this is the girlfriend your always talking about, Petey? She is cute," Wade said, causing Onyx's eyes to go wide.

"Wade!" Ada and Peter exclaimed at the same time.

"What? He always says it, and the readers want to know he talks about her," Wade defended.

"Readers?" Onyx questioned.

"Don't even ask," Ada warned.

"Peter said you could help me," Onyx told Wade.

"With the killing thing? Oh yeah, I can help you kill better," Wade said.

"No, stop killing people. I want to stop killing people," Onyx said.

"Oh, right. Yeah, I can help you do that too. Do you think they make chimichangas here?"

~ THE END ~