The other end of the deal

His heart was pounding wildly in his chest while he made his way through the twilight of the forest. His fur was wet, while his hooves brushed the still damp grass of the early morning. Dipper was skittish. Neither his determined thoughts or his calm face could fool the panic pumping through his vines.

The Journal was hidden under the clothes he wore. The thick, green pullover he had brought with him for the summer, a pink scarf Mabel had borrowed from Grenda a few days ago, even if he didn't know why on earth a mermaid needed one anyway, and lastly a pair of oversized orange gloves he took from Stan. The amount of fabric combined with his fur and the heat of the Summer morning was more than enough to make the sweat bead on his brow. But Dipper gritted his teeth, looking for a quiet place far from the Shack to finally get the answers he was looking for.

All the times when his behavior slipped he tried to tell himself that it was normal, that he had to live with that, being part deer. He brushed the little voice in his head aside, the one that was screaming at him that something was wrong. He tried to ignore it...

Until this morning.

This wasn't something that someone could ignore or that anyone could call normal. Because this morning, his itching, sweating body had ripped him out of his dreams. And the very moment his fingers touched his arms to scratch himself he froze. Only a second later he shot out of bed, running for the mirror to find his fear confirmed.

Fur.

Thick fur, like that of his deer half was covering his whole body, except for his face, the inside of his palms and- of course, his chest.

'Why do I have hair everywhere but there?!'

But the silent anger couldn't be compared to the panic Dipper was feeling. He was changing, more and more, until-

'No, don't think about it Dipper.'

The fact was, this wasn't normal. And it definitely wasn't part of the deal. If he wanted to know what was going on there was only one way to do this. He had to summon the demon himself.

Dipper swallowed hard, pressing the Journal close to his chest. He had collected the Journal and everything able to hide his new appearance and left the Shack before anyone would notice him missing.

A heavy sigh escaped him as he finally stopped in a clearing in the forest. He took out three of Mabel's aromatic candles he had grabbed this morning, placing them in a triangular shape on the ground. His nose itched after he lit them and the air began to smell like a mixture of green apple, raspberry and chocolate cookies. With a deep breath the more-than-half deer boy opened the Journal and found to the right page. Dipper hesitated for a second, swallowing down the heavy feeling in his gut before the summoning chant left his lips.

"Triangulum, entangulum. Veneforis, dominus, ventium. Veneforis vene tisarium!"

Dipper gasped as the world began to swirl around him, he took a step back, his ears close to his head while the colour began to be sucked into the vortex in the center of his small summoning circle, like someone had pulled the plug of the bathtub. Colour filled the triangular shape on the earth until one big eye opened right out of it, so that his own and Bill Cipher's contrast was all that was left.

The demon rose in the air, looking around and coughing, waving his hand in disgust as he looked at the colourful candles that were now blown out. Cipher raised his single eyebrow skeptically, while his voice echoed in the sudden silent forest.

"Where the hell did you buy these candles? In a candy shop? That's disgusting, even for you!"

Dipper swallowed. The aura of the demon made his hairs stand on end.