{ Olivia }

I fiddled with my thumbs as I sat alone.
I was at lunch, trying to push myself to stand strong through the last year of being in high school.

I kept telling myself 'graduation is just around the corner'.
the days seem to grow longer and it was difficult having little friends and even smaller economical status.

I sighed, slouching as I peer off to the groups of kids in the amphitheater.

Few of which caught my eye, but then they all seemed to cease as he walked over.

The adoring eyes, charming smile, mysterious charm. I couldn't help but melt at the thought of him, Damien Hass.
I've liked him ever since I can remember, he was always so perfect in everyway.

"Alright, bye guys" Shayne, his friend, called almost instantly breaking my trance.

He and his friends waved him off, "Alright, later" Damien hummed.

Distracted, I smiled, feeling overwhelmingly dazed by his voice every word he spoke.

"You know, one of these days you should try and make it less obvious your checking him out" Shayne gawked, shaking his head.

I rolled my eyes, "and you're the boss of me because..?"

"It's creepy? And weird" he raised his eyebrow.

Shayne was always such a jerk, of course with the exception of him being my neighbour, I could never shake him.

"What do you want?" I groaned, folding my arms like a child.

"You were sitting alone. I didn't want anyone to think you're a loser" he chuckled to himself.

I growled, pushing him and watching him stumble in front of me.
"Feisty are we?" He chuckled.

"Ugh! Leave me alone!" I huffed, getting up and storming away from him.

"Uh, can't do that, Shortcake" He huffed as he caught up with me.
I refused to stop walking, or even make eye contact with him.

"Until your parents get back from their holiday, you're stuck with me" He smugly smirked.

Ugh, really? Be kidding!

"What?" I hissed, rolling my eyes at his nonsense.

"Yup, that's right. I'm your baby sitter."

"You're joking" I spat, halting and facing him.
He kept walking a few steps before noticing I'd stopped, he looked at me with a devilish grin.

"Not in the slightest" he huffed, the devil himself.

"You're kidding, me! That can't be true!"

"oh yes, my dear." He folded his arms, "it's pretty true."

"No! You can just leave me alone, Okay?" I mumbled, storming into the school hall where I was relieved to see Courtney.

"Court!" I called as I caught up to her.

"Hey liv" she smiled, holding her book binder in her arms.
"What's up?"

"You have to kill me" I whispered as I stood beside her.

"What? Is it your neighbour again?" She uttered with a dissatisfied look.

"Yes" I huffed, turning to see him at the beginning of the hall, leaning against a door.
"He's 'babysitting me til graduation'." I muttered.

Courtney just rolled her eyes, "can't you see it as a positive? I mean.. he's kinda cute" she smirked as she waved at him from a far.

He waved back which made me more agitated,
"No, he's not cute" I stated, slapping her arm down. "He's an asshole!"

"Are you sure?" Courtney queried, giving me a sly look.

"Yes, I'm sure. I've known him since I was six." I muttered.
Courtney shook her head before running her hand through her hair.

"Liv, maybe this will be good for you" she shrugged,

"What?"

"I mean, maybe this will end your feud?" She hummed.

No, not you too!

"Come on, don't knock it til you try it" She hummed before glancing down the hall.

"Buh-"

"I've gotta go. I'll talk to you soon" she called before quickly walking off, leaving me standing alone, a shocked expression on my face.

"Well if she thinks it'll make us friends!" Shayne called, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"No, it won't!" I groaned, pushing his arm off me.
"We're not friends and you're a douche!"

"Come on! What did I do?" He called, shrugging before looking off to  Courtney
"Besides, your friend is way into me" he raise an eyebrow, "do you think I have a shot?"

"No she's not and no you don't" I huffed,

"Do you want to explain why you hate me so much?"

"No."

"Fine, then stop getting all.. this.." he began, his fingers circling me. "This negative energy. You'll get it all on me and my gypsy will hate me for it" he muttered before laughing.

I groaned, once again storming away from him.

"Come on! It was funny!"