She is Woman.

5:03 AM February 13th, 2017

Maxxines' P.O.V.

"Spam musubi sounds delicious right now."

Lizzy throws a pillow at me, "Bitch, you're thinking out loud again." I sigh and throw it back at her, "MAYBE BECAUSE I AM HUNGRY AND YOU ARE IGNORING ME!"

"I am ignoring you because we're supposed to be on our way to the gym, you know working out will get you sexy and this baby in me moving", she motions to her huge baby bump.

Ring Ring Ring

Daniel~ DEADBEAT DO NOT ANSWER OR LIZZY WILL CUT YOU!

"I'll just click the lock button and boop. Ignored, bitch ass nigga." Lizzy laughed and looked at me, "I'm guessing that was Daniel." I just nod my head and walk out of the door with our gym bags.

******

Sweat and all, I sit in my car waiting for Lizzy to waddle to my car. "Maxxi, can we hang out with the guys?" I give her a funky look, "Liz, we always hang out with the- OH MY GOD, NO! If Daniel is anywhere included in the equation, fuck that shit. I'm not ready for it."

Lizzy looks at me as she settles in, "Maxxine, you got this. You are strong, independent, beautiful, afrolatina. You need to be able to see people that have wronged you and show them that it don't phase you babe. Be my confident sister, don't go back into that soft taco. Be a crunchy chicken leg from KFC."

I laugh and nod my head, "FIne, just- fine. We'll shower and shit and sure. I'm sure you want to see your boyfriend anyways." She side eyes me, "Oh I'm sorry- fiance'.. my bad." She crossed her arms and huffed, "That's better, come correct or not at all."

I stare at her when we hit a red light, "Shut up before I brake check you." We laugh and drive the rest of the way home chilling, although on the inside I'm having the worst panic attack. Daniel.

*****

After a nice long and hot shower, I put on a Thrasher t-shirt and some denim shorts. I hear a knock on the door and I can only a imagine. I walk down the stairs and open the door.

A face chiseled by god himself. Blue eyes and beautiful jet black shoulder length hair. The smell of Azzaro Chrome cologne and those pearly white perfect teeth. That smile that will snatch your panties off along with your bra.

Frank and Alex break my trance and they kiss both of my cheeks, "Hey, sis.. we're going to head to the kitchen." They go and sit with the pregnant lady in the room. I take another glance at Daniel on my door step and then I walk away to the living room. He walks in and shuts the door behind him. He walks over to me and stares at me, "Hey Maxxi.."

"Hey man, how are you doing?" He gives me a quizzical look because I did it, I finally did it. I didn't fall for the looks, the smell of my favorite cologne, the hair, the eyes. I didn't say Hi danny. I finally set my boundaries. I'm not some weak girl, I am woman. I look over at my friends and they're looking at me in disbelief and at Daniel with a comical smirk.

He shakes his head slightly and looks at me, "I'm well, just a bit lonely- very different without you Max."

"Hm, that's sad huh? You should do something constructive you know? So you can feel comfortable with being alone with yourself. I think this is good for us, you should start thinking that too." I walk over to our friends and sit and talk to them.

I didn't feel nervous anymore, I felt strong and empowered. I was even able to have a normal conversation with him, although he gave off weird tension but who cares, fuck him.

We were all sitting at the kitchen island eating buffalo chicken dip, Frank and Lizzy telling us about their most recent adventure together.

My phone chimes and I look at the text,

Rico: Hopeful wishes on seeing you tonight bambina? Hope your day went well.. haven't heard from you all day.. xoxo

Me: Maybe, i'm not so sure, I'm hanging out with my friends tonight. My day went very well, thank you for asking. Yours?

I look up to be met with cold, icy blue eyes. I feel my phone vibrate and I look down at it.

Rico: Friends? The ones that are friends with David? Huh..

Me: Frank, Alex, DANIEL, and Lizzy. Aren't we a bit too old to be messing up people's names on purpose?

Rico: Principessa, if you come by tonight I'll make you forget his name.

Me: Tempting... another night though. I haven't been this reconnected in forever. Talk to you later.

I turn my ringer off and pay attention to the heated conversation on how Alex is a man whore and will always be a man whore.

As the hours go on, the day soon turns dark but the feeling is so luminous, even being around Daniel feels.. fresh? No, free. The guys get up and Lizzy screeches, "Um no, you guys are sleeping over like old time sake." Daniel and I look at each other then I look at Lizzy, "Love, I know I'm letting you stay here until you and Frank get your apartment accommodated for my god child, but aren't we supposed to make decisions like this?"

"Boo, you got this. Just make sure you keep im out of your room." She walks up to her room with Frank and Alex makes himself comfy on the couch. I look at Daniel and he gives me this uncomfortable, constipated look. "Are you okay?" He looks around and then back at my eyes, "I won't lie, if i stay the night I will end up in your bed tonight, and not for cuddling."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey guys, is this a good time to update? I have a load of ideas for this book. Just stay with me and enjoy the ride, I promise I won't leave y'all out to dry.. well not on purpose. Love you guys! It's good to be back! Enjoy the update!

- Mo xoxo