"1st Report"

Hi readers, I've finally got a good idea for a GhostBird fanfic after reading lots of them.

And I want to thank docistheboss for the amazing cover of "Academy Detective"!!!!!

REMINDER: There might to be violent and sexual scenes. And of course a lot of cursing.
AND I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS FROM THE GHOST BIRD SERIES OR SCARAB BEETLE SERIES they are C.L STONE's.

Quote of the Chapter:

"Good books don't give up all their secrets at once" - Stephen King

Note to my readers; To those who have read this work before August 2022, I have begun editing all 8 Chapters before I start updating again. I wrote this at least 4 years ago, I think (I can't remember). Reading my work brings a grimace to my face and second hand embarrassment for past me, so I'm revamping all 8 chapters before I update. Also I've lost my notebook where I kept all the notes on this story so I'm going back into writing this blind with some deja vu to help guide me. Don't fret if you've read the original, it won't be a huge change since I want to respect my readers for reading and commenting on my story, and for waiting so long for an update. I as a reader understand the frustration of waiting for updates and when stories disappear online, that's why I'm planning to simply edit my original 8 chapters before updating. If you're new, just ignore me.

Please enjoy and comment!

----------------------------------------------

Luke

"What the fuck! What do you mean by assistance and guidance from temporary team member until further notice from the council!?" Gabe is currently throwing a tantrum and has started spewing a load of colourful curses from the news we've just received from Mr. B. 

"Language, Mr. Coleman. It's been decided that we need assistance in missions especially cases until we've overcome our weakness in deduction. Mr. Miller is on his honeymoon and he'll be officially working with his wife from now on. We can't just continue asking for more favours from him. And Mr. Clyde has finally found a team of his own and they are currently on an undercover mission so we won't be able to contact him. Besides, out team is known for needing  favours when facing missions that need actual deduction skills which we lack. We're known a muscle headed team with brains in everything but logic and deduction especially with how much we've been rely on favours to professional detectives in the Academy" Mr. Blackbourne states as he pushes his glasses, a habit he has when he gets frustrated at something or someone. This obviously just upsets Gabe more especially with the poker face Mr. B gives him. 

"So, what if we're called muscle brains? It's not like we can suddenly de-macho our big guys and make them into intellects on the same fucking level as Einstein! And even if we aren't fucking Einstein, we've got brains in our team. We'll figure things out so why do we need some pity assistance from some Sherlock." Gabe spat out as he flung his arms around the place, almost knocking over the furniture in living room where we're currently holding our family meeting.

Mr. Blackbourne just sighs before he surveys the room with those steel eyes of his. He stared  into the eyes of everyone who wasn't Gabe, conveying the seriousness of the situation and how desperate he was. We get the message, we seriously need help. I feel defeated, there's no way I can say anything with the look in Mr. B's eyes. The only person who still hasn't given up is Gabe, though it looks like his protests are half-hearted at best. 

Seriously though, how can he still breathe after shouting non-stop?

Ah, the wonders of life.

"May I remind you, Mr. Coleman. Last time we had gathered all the clues needed to finish the case and lock that joke of a man behind bars but we all lacked the mind and deduction skills of a detective to put the pieces together and gather the right material to put that man into jail. It took us 3 months to swallow our pride and once again ask Mr. Miller for assistance."

Ok, as much as I want to agree with Gabe, I have to agree with Mr. B. 

Man, we were stuck on that case forever. We had all the right clues and still couldn't figure it out until we asked for a favour. Once Denis begun his deduction with the information we had, the answer was so easy that even Kota wouldn't miss it without his glasses. I still question to this day, why none of us had the bright idea to go into forensics or basic criminology. 

Gabe looks so conflicted right now. 

Ha! He had been really annoyed about the previous case and that we had to offer 2 favours each. Everyone became silent and thought of our last mission, it was honestly embarrassing to think about those 3 months that we wasted on a wild goose chase.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why we're known as muscle brains, the team is practically a testosterone zone with no brains when it comes to being a detective. 

"Fine, but give us all the fucking deets." demanded Gabe. He's finally calmed down, now demanding information and sits down beside me on the couch.

"Please mind your language Mr. Coleman. As for the assistance, the council were only able to find three detectives available for a long period to guide and assist us. So Dr. Roberts has set up three appointments for us in 2 weeks, we are to meet them at Uncle's Diner but at different times so we can talk to them individually. As for the detectives, all the information that I could get was that they specialise in different areas of investigation and have studied criminology along with their Academy training but that's all I was informed of, the rest of the information about them will be given on the day of the meeting"

What the? I'm seriously confused at the fact that there isn't much information on our possibly temporary member and mentor in detective work. Usually, we're given at least a page or a file. And as much as I hate sitting down and reading these files, they kept us informed of what to expect and to look out for.

 My head hurts from all this thinking. I seriously need chocolate right now, but North will just take my precious away from me, again!

"What the fucking hell! Why is there such little information? They're just Sherlock wannabes not some mysterious cryptid! And why the hell are there only three?!" Gabe starts to bombard questions at Mr. B and some of the guys join in on questioning Mr. B about why there was such little information while the rest stared in confusion or disbelief.

"Can everyone calm down and listen to what Mr. Blackbourne has to say." Axel commands everyone in the room and we instantly go silent at the order.

"One of the detectives does not wish to disclose any information about themselves without meeting the team in question. Currently, there is surplus of cases that need solving so many detectives or contacts are unavailable for an unforeseeable time. These three are currently the only ones available for a long period of time." explains Mr. B.

"But what if we don't get along with any of them?" questioned Silas. 

Ugh, the last time we worked with a new contact who was a detective. It ended horrendously with North and Silas readying to throw her out since she insulted and blamed Kota and Gabe for mishandling some piece of trash that was apparently evidence.  

"Yeah, what if they're all obnoxious and selfish pricks who feels superior because of our inferior skills in the investigation field ?" Gabe was right, what if they're horrible and steal my precious sugar away from me!

Worst case scenario, we'll get an incident like the Toma Team and Kayli or that time in Texas.

"That, Mr. Coleman will be our choice if we get along with them; we will let them become a temporary member of our team like Mr. Clyde until we've passed evaluations set by the Academy. Once we've learned enough from them and all of us pass evaluations, we'll part ways and most likely remain friends if not associates at best" Mr. B states.

"So let's vote, I am willing and will obey" Says Axel

"I am willing and will obey" We all say

......................................................................

What did you think?

I hope you enjoyed it!

I'll hopefully update by next week.

(Edited. 05/08/22) *Please note to those who have read the old version, I've heavily edited some things (It's very embarrassing for me to read my horrible writing from years ago)