Volume 1 Chapter 1

Zeno refreshed the page again and found that had still not updated. He glanced at the clock in the lower right corner of the computer screen, and found that unfortunately midnight had already passed.

'I'm a little sleepy,' Zeno thought while rubbing his temples.

Perhaps the reason is because the story is coming to an end. The author of novel recently explained in the author’s notes that there was a little delay. Although it was usually updated within the time limit, it was loaded later day by day. It is even later today since it is 12 o’clock and still not updated.

Zeno used to go to bed early, so staying up late every day waiting for updates made him feel so tired he could hardly endure it.

Zeno has followed for two years, and believes the author is a very hard-working person. The deadlines were hardly ever missed, and if they were on occasion the author would write a long notice. So, although readers are anxious for updates, most of the comments left on those notices were ones of understanding and support.

Today’s comment section was unusually lively, but most of the comments are basically “seeking more ~”, “seeking updates ~.” Since the author gave advanced notice of the late update, it makes sense that it would happen towards the end of the day.

Zeno is anxiously waiting for an update. In fact, he is more anxious than everyone else because he is a addict. This can be seen from the fact that he, the guy who has always gone to sleep early, has been staying up late every day just to read it.

After a few more refreshes that failed to bring any updates, Zeno decided to get prepared for a long read by getting up and going into the kitchen for a cup of instant coffee.

Zeno is an orphan. After graduating from college and finding a decent job, he rented a small apartment to live in. Because rent is cheap he doesn't have to work overtime, so he can be at home on the Internet every day reading new chapters of , and occasionally also rereading the novel again from the beginning. His familiarity with this book has no rival.

While sipping a small mouthful of instant coffee, back in front of the computer waiting for an update while scrolling through the comments, suddenly a discordant comment jumps into view. In an ocean of comments that are "waiting for updates," it stands out like fireflies shining in the dark.
Zeno got excited. Not because of the tone of the comment, which is very sad and angry, but the comment is in fact for chapter 875. Yesterday there were only 874, which the addict Zeno would clearly remember, so he quickly dropped his half finished cup of coffee and excitedly embarked on the last chapter of the finale.

——————————————————————————-

Xi Wei felt tired after struggling in this world for so many years. From a beggar of unknown origin to a man now standing at the peak of the world, Xi Wei endured hardships that ordinary people could not even imagine, and experienced countless betrayals.

But who could know—he did not want to be such a man, and now, once again, he was betrayed.

Yes, again.

Xi Wei, although it seems he has icy shutters over his eyes, has brothers who claim to live and die with him, and women who claim they want to spend their life with him, but now, these people want only to end his life.

“Xi Wei, as long as you hand over the Stone of Destiny, nothing will happen to you.”

“Yes, Xi Wei, give it up, no need for you to be ashamed about it.”

People all around him spoke chaotically, trying to cover up their panic and greed with lies.

However, Xi Wei remained silent. His expression carried an unprecedented calmness. He glanced at these so-called “friends” and “lovers” one by one with a stiff arc to his lips.