Volume 1 Chapter 14

If Zeno currently had a physical age of five or more, he would rebel. The problem is that his present body is only about a year old. If he rashly shows a strong sense of gender, then he will just be courting death.

Aside from the silly Hua Li, the other two are not helping this situation at all!

Xiao Wu helps him flatten the skirt, then complains for a while about Xi Wei's poor quality of clothing, and then happily turns around to appreciate the baby, her eyes bending like a crescent.

Hua Li lands gently on Xiao Wu's shoulder, her two small wings fluttering intermittently. She looks at Zeno's cute and chubby face, and then takes a look at Xi Wei's unchanging and expressionless face, musing thoughtfully, “It seems the more time goes by, the more this little one looks like that big bastard.”

Xiao Wu curls her lips into a grin, “Sons look like their mamas, and daughters like their papas. Everyone also said I looked like baba,” she adds the last bit as if she is not reconciled with the idea and then whispers, “Compared to this pale soul, that little one is much more cute and lovable.”

Zeno is not even sure anymore what he should cry about, he can only suffer in silence.

His family's protagonist is not worried. In Xi Wei's heart, things like their appearances are secondary. It is far more important that Zeno has clothes to wear, whether it is men’s or women’s wear, it only needs to be in good shape.

So, Xi Wei commented an unprecedented, “Very good.”

Hearing that the older boy is in favour of her idea, Xiao Wu cannot help but feel a little prouder, and throws her chin up high. The bow that is tying the end of her scorpion braid swings around so fast it seems like she could fly.

Finally free of Xiao Wu's ministrations, Zeno breathes a sigh of relief. Women's clothing really is better than being naked. Bu, in any case, Xiao Wu and the Elf Queen are not his goal!

The sky dims as the hour grows later, and a steady mist of raindrops begin to fall. Afraid his precious baby would become soaking wet, Xi Lun comes personally to pick her up.

The rain's intensity grows stronger and stronger, especially since they have ventured further into the summer. This rain has been building for a long time, a sweet and smooth drizzle ready to grow into a downpour, but fortunately its path is broken over the top of their boat by a small bridge. If it weren't for that, they would be able to enjoy experience of being truly pelted by a storm in their tiny, decrepit boat.

Through this type of long and endless night, they can only sleep.

After playing quite a bit during the day, Zeno is fairly tired. He lays in the boat cabin, listening to the steady thrum of rain, its gentle rhythm lulling him to sleep. As soon as Xiao Wu left, Hua Li was not slow to follow behind, flying off on her own.

As a little beggar, the protagonist has no entertainment available, it seems that they can only really survive.

As fate would have it, this is not destined to be a quiet night. The two young boys had just closed their eyes when Xi Wei feels a familiar tingling from the ring that had lain dormant for months. His whole body involuntarily spasms as the feeling progresses to a stabbing pain for a moment, and he instinctively clenches teeth in an attempt to suppress the low groan that is trying to escape his throat.

Fear begins to well up within his heart as he wonders what new disaster the ring will bring him this time. The piercing pain from a few months ago remains fresh in his mind, and this fresh wave of pain is already threatening to surpass it.

Xi Wei trembles so violently that Zeno, who is right next to him, almost immediately discovers his abnormality.

This time, Zeno is no longer an impulsive little baby. He crawls up, taking advantage of the dim glow the ring is emitting to see the protagonist’s pain-filled and distorted face1. This time would be different; he was not just being accepted as the master of the ring. Zeno realized that this must be when the power contained within the ring would begin to refine Xi Wei's body.