Volume 1 Chapter 23

“But did you know that he is not your father?”

Hill’s words made Zeno’s heart go cold. Since he was still pretending to be an ignorant child, he behaved as if he could not understand what the man was saying.

This strange and powerful man tied a butterfly knot with the bandage, and then turned to face Zeno helplessly, “You don’t need to pretend with me, I know you understand me. The children of the Shadow Race have always been intelligent from a young age. I have never heard of any two or three year olds among those people who were ignorant.”

“Shadow Race?” A surprised Zeno blurted out this response immediately, and was so caught off guard that he knocked his little bald head.

How could Zeno not know about the shadow race? The shadow race was a branch of the demon race1. In “Curse” there was a younger sister from the shadow race. Her looks were enchanting, and her personality was charming. The vast number of otaku readers welcomed her—the comment section was constantly filled with calls to pull her into the harem. It was only natural, since that would have usually been the author’s style.

Each sister that did not enter the harem had compelling reasons. One such sister was Xiao Wu, who mainly stayed away because of her father. Another example was the little sister from the shadow race, who was actually a little brother.

One of the innate skills of the shadow race was imitation. They were able to imitate the appearance of others; even becoming a completely different person was not impossible. The shadow race individual posing as a little sister had extremely pure bloodlines. Due to this, his status as a non-human was not discovered, even though he attended Prault Institute.

Sure enough, Hill saw that he had exposed himself, and went on to say, “It seems that you have come to understand that although the bloodlines of the shadow race that you possess are extremely weak. So, even though you have lived with this young man for so long, you don’t share the same appearance. You have only managed to somewhat resemble him.”

Zeno gave up his resistance, and he suspected that Hill was dressed up as God to play the devil. Although it was possible that he may really be a god.

Zeno, who did not grow up in this world, was still not accustomed to it. He was still in awe when he met these powerful individuals. He surmised that, rather than the protagonist’s aura, was it his own aura that attracted this mysterious person?

Thinking over Hill’s words, Zeno suddenly took the initiative to speak for the first time, “So, will I change to look exactly like him?”

Hill was the type of person to hold a grudge, so he replied with a very decisive, “You will change, and you will look exactly the same.”

Zeno’s still innocent little face turned as black as the bottom of a pot. Not to say that Xi Wei looked bad, but putting himself in someone else’s shoes; if a small, unrelated child that you were caring for grew to look more and more like you, how many heart‘s could endure it?

Zeno was quite melancholy.

Hill sighed. “To tell the truth, I actually came to you specifically. I do not know how much you remember about your mother. She was a beautiful woman, very gentle and kind, and she was my friend. Two years ago your father died in a fight with another clan, and your mother took you away and became a fugitive. Your mother asked me for help, but by the time I received the message, I did not know where she was. After many inquiries, I found that she had gone to Ye Sa City, and that the only one who remains is you.”

Zeno asked, “Then, will you take me away?”

“As long as you want to you can come, and if you do not want to become just like him. Until you are ten years old, you can still reverse the effects. Just follow me, and I will teach you how to control your mental power, and how to control the power of your bloodline, so that you can become a good magician.”