Volume 1 Chapter 19

“Can’t you see?” The youth speaks in a way that seems unintentional. When Zeno hears those words he feels a burst of guilty conscience. However, he still quickly covers his left eye as well, and then takes two steps, pretending that he cannot see at all. After this, he continues to deliberately knock into the table legs, and then sits on the ground in pain, rubbing his forehead.

Xi Wei turns a blind eye to his selling meng; he is just thinking seriously about how to bathe the cat.

The youth did not receive an answer, so he is somewhat at a loss. He extends a hand towards Zeno, bending over slightly to help up the child on the ground. Zeno crawls up to seize the warm fingers of the young man, using them to pull himself up.

The youth asks again, “Can you not see?”

Zeno guiltily looks at Xi Wei with his right eye1, and then, in the right and self-confident2, he speaks one sentence, “Gege3, you are really nice looking.”

The youth gawks for a second, and then apologizes, “I’m sorry, I thought you bumped into it because you couldn’t see things like me. When I was a child, I often walked into furniture and things like that.”

It is said that the other senses of blind people become very keen—these words are true. The youth has only a few clues about the general situation; if you give him eight he will guess nine and ten.

Zeno thinks that this is true nobility: humble, courteous, and open-minded.

However, how could such a person live in Ye Sa City?

This city is such a chaotic place—any person of means would not be willing to stay here. But since they are here to bathe the cat, it is not right to pry into their employer’s private life. Zeno can only swallow down his curiosity.

Xi Wei is an uncommunicative person, and the young man does not have an outgoing and talkative personality. Zeno is too young to talk too much. For a time, the house is quiet.

Fortunately, not long after, the quiet is interrupted by a ‘meow’, and a white shadow quickly and gracefully leaps onto the shoulders of the youth, who smiles happily. He reaches up to caress the small animal on his shoulder, gently rubbing the fur along its back, and speaks in a way that reveals he must really spoil this cat, “Qiqi, I’ve said many times not to go out alone, what would I do if someone captured you?"

 He reaches up to caress the small animal on his shoulder, gently rubbing the fur along its back, and speaks in a way that reveals he must really spoil this cat, “Qiqi, I’ve said many times not to go out alone, what would I do if someone captured ...

The white cat meows twice and licks the young man’s cheeks with his moist tongue, all while flicking his tail in a pleased manner. It seems the cat knows just how much he is loved.

The youth helplessly shakes his head, then grabs the cat by the scruff of his neck and passes him over to Xi Wei, asking, “Sorry to trouble you, but please help Qiqi, this naughty bundle, take a bath.”

Xi Wei solemnly intends to take over in order to start his first job. However, who could know that as soon as that cat heard the word ‘bath’ he would break from the young man, appearing in the blink of an eye a safe distance away from the boys. Their thin employer simply cannot hold him back, and his eyes cannot see, so he can only stand in place awkwardly.