Conflicting Emotions

After your little chase with Fang and the introduction of your talking feline friend, the day was coming to its end meaning it was time to head home. After bidding your friends goodbye you find it rather odd that Boboiboy didn't walked home with you nor talked to you right after you and Fang chased each other around the park, thinking that he was probably just tired and shock of Goldy's sudden appearance you shrug the thought away and continued your journey way home.

Goldy was walking along side you, catching bugs and humming a fun tune. The walk home was quiet, the only sound accompanying the two of you were your footsteps, the flapping of a birds wing, a random car or motorcycle passing by, and a buzzing street light. If only Boboiboy were hear to accompany you maybe the walk home wouldn't be boring and lonely. Your cat, having notice of your dull expression decided that it would be a good idea to divert your attention to something positive.

"Hey" Your cat called. "How about we go to that clearing you always go to, let's watch the sunset together"

"Sure" You simply replied before picking him up and tucking him comfortable in your chest as if he were a baby. Then off you two went to the clearing, as usual the sun setting perfectly highlighted the area, butterflies and grasshoppers were everywhere, the summer breeze passing by causing for the flowers and trees to dance.

"Alright we're here" You announced before letting him go so he could play in the field.

You were in your usual spot, head leaning against the tree bark, fingers lightly tapping your legs for some sort of beat while also humming some random tunes.

"Boboiboy would have love this..." You said in pure utter dismay, sadden at the absence of your friend.

"You're right I do"

"SWEET MOTHER OF–" You fell to the side, heart pounding fast while your face was as red as a cheery. Boboiboy on the other hand really finds your flustered state amusing and adorable, it never fails to make his heart flutter.

"You really need to stop scaring me Boboiboy jeez, one of this days I'll get a heart attack because of you" You placed a hand in your chest in attempt to calm your heart down.

"Sorry Y/n, you look really cute when you're scared" The blush on your face worsen.

"Well... I might as well be scared all the time for you to call me cute" You fired back, despite the blush on your face a smug smile still etch upon your lips. It was now Boboiboy's turn to blush, a joyous laughter came out of your lips when he tried to fire back but failed miserably, in result he turned away from you, flustered and embarrassed.

Your laughter died down for a few minutes then silence followed, a peaceful one for that matter. The sun was almost down at the horizon, ready to be replaced by a moon and the stars. Goldy was resting not too far from the two of you, not wanting to third wheel you and Boboiboy plus it was far more entertaining to watch you two from afar.

"Hey Y/n" Called Boboiboy.

"Hmm?" You hummed in response.

"Do you like Fang?" And here you thought no one could beat how straightforward and blunt you are, turns out you have a competition.

"Yikes no!" You denied immediately, even waving your hand dismissively at him. "He's a friend, an annoying one for that matter"

You never noticed it but Boboiboy let out a huge sigh in relief when he heard your answer.

"Why'd you ask?" He froze, yeah why did he asked? Didn't he claim that love at first sight was just pure and utter nonsense? So why did he care if you liked Fang? Why did he felt rage and sadness when he saw you and Fang chasing one another with huge smiles on your faces? Was he jealous...?

"Earth to Boboiboy" You wave hand in front of his face so capture his attention, thankfully it did.

"Oh I'm... Here" He quickly stood up with an unreadable expression on his face. He seemed conflicted about something..

"I-i gotta go! See you later Y/n" And with that he left you alone, shame the moon and stars had already risen. It'd be great to watch the moon together.

"Wait– And he's gone"

"What was that all about?" Appeared the mischievous feline besides, just as confuse as you were.

"I... Think... He was jealous" You turn away from the direction where he ran off to, it hurt when he just left you there but you understood why. He seemed conflicted with his feelings as of the moment.

"Ah you noticed" He remarked slyly.

"Oh shut up, I don't even like him that way" It physically hurt to say that but you were conflicted with your emotions too. You LIED to him remember? You stole his and his friends memories just to keep your secret hidden.

"Not yet at least" He corrected resulting an eye roll from you.

But it got you thinking... Would he still like you if he gets his memories back? Or will you keep the memories for safe keeping? Now that you've thought about it you sounded selfish yet you refuse to acknowledge that, your pride keeps getting in the way.

"You ok?"

"Yeah just thinking..." You picked him up and made your way home.

"About?"

"My selfishness and dishonesty towards my new friends" You admitted quite bitterly.

"Given where you're coming from... I understand your reason" He say as a matter of fact kind of tone.

"That still isn't an excuse for erasing people's memories cat"

"You were scared. We do stupid decisions when we're scared, that's what fear do to us" Yet again, he was making a valid point.

"I know..."