ii. Cuddle me and be quiet

Two months had passed since Tatum's birthday and it was now nearing the end of August, which meant Percy's birthday was just around the corner.

"Is that my shirt?" Asked Percy one morning when they both had the day off.

"Are you that daft you can't tell your own shirts apart from mine?"

"I guess I've been living here for a while." He smirked.

Percy had moved in with Tatum after six months of dating. He shuddered to think what his mother would say.

"Oh this is yours actually." Tatum began unbuttoning the shirt and tossed it to Percy leaving her in only her pajama bottoms.

"You'd better hope no one walk in." Said Percy.

"Why not?" Tatum placed her hands on her hips. "I'm proud of my body." She walked over the windows and reached to open the blinds.

Percy jumped up and grabbed Tatum by her waist. Tatum burst into a fit of laughter.

"You really thought I was going to do it?" She said in between giggles.

"Bloody hell woman, you almost gave me a heart attack."

Tatum turned around to face him. "I love you Percy."

He kissed her forehead. "I love you more."

"That's not possible." 

Percy sighed. "As much as I hate to say it, you should put a shirt on."

"Why?" "It's seven in the morning, no one's going to walk in."

But Tatum spoke too soon, because right then and there Ryder came bustling in.

"Hey Lola sent me-AH!" To shield his eyes Ryder ran into the nearest shelf, knocking over several books in the process.

"That's why." Percy said. He looked down to see Tatum was still there, bare chested and all, laughing her arse off. "Go put a shirt on!"

"Oh right."

After Tatum was finally fully clothed and Ryder calmed down with a cup of tea, things started to go back to normal. Tatum was smiling to herself because she found the whole ordeal funny, but didn't say anything out loud because she knew Percy and Ryder were horrified. Especially Ryder.

"I'm excited to see how Lola will react." Tatum said thoughtfully.

Ryder's eyes went wide with shock. "Don't remind me, that's all I've been thinking about."

"Don't worry, I'm sure Lola will be- um, understanding." Said Percy.

In fact Lola thought it was just as funny as Tatum and the two laughed hysterically together on the couch, much to the men's confusement.

"I thought you'd be pissed!" Said Ryder in shock.

"Pissed?" Began Lola. "From what I heard you ran into a shelf." "That right there is comedy gold."

Ryder groaned and stood up. "I'm going home, are you coming with me?" He asked Lola.

"Yeah, start the car I'll be down in a minute."

Ryder nodded and left the flat.

Lola pulled Tatum close and whispered in her ear. "If you need any help shopping for his birthday, give me a ring." Then she loudly said that she needed to borrow one of Tatum's dresses.

"It's right here." Tatum plucked the red dress off the chair and gave it to Lola. "So that's what Ryder came for."

"Yeah, next time I'll call in advance."

"Percy?"

"Hmm?" He looked up from the book he was reading to face Tatum.

"Your birthday is in two days and I still haven't gotten you a present."

"I don't need one."

"That's what they all say!" Tatum threw herself onto the couch in defeat.

Percy chuckled. "Tatum, I honestly don't need anything." "I've already got everything I could ever want right here in my hands." He cupped her face and kissed her.

Tatum thought if her heart could literally melt, it would have.

"Why do you have to be so charming?" She asked with a pout.

"Would you rather me not be?" Percy cocked his eyebrows upwards.

"I have absolutely no idea, just cuddle me and be quiet."

Percy and Tatum slept for the majority of the day. It wasn't until it started getting dark outside that Tatum woke up. She carefully removed Percy's arm from around her waist and slowly crept up from the couch, grabbed her purse and headed out the door.

She had no clue as to where she was going, Tatum just figured she would think of something along the way. Eventually she decided on the perfect gift.

Grinning ear to ear, Tatum returned home to find Percy was still asleep. She pulled a blanket over him and bent down to kiss his forehead. She felt awful that Percy was so exhausted from his job at the Ministry. Tatum has asked if she could come visit him to make it more bearable but every time she mentions it Percy became flustered and immediately dismisses it. With Percy sound asleep in the other room, she had time on her hands to wrap his gift.

"Ugh, how does he do it so neatly?" She cursed after several tries of wrapping. The result was torn paper and tape sticking out all over. It looked as if a cat had wrapped it.

"I see you've found a gift."

Percy was standing in the doorway with his hair sticking out like it always did after he slept. Tatum thought it was adorable.

"I have, and I think your going to love it."

"I have no doubts that I wont."