iv. Percy the FBI Agent

"So let me get one things straight." Lola said as she handed a customer change. "You don't think he's cheating?"

"No!" Tatum said for what felt like the hundredth time that morning.

"Okay, Okay." "Just making sure." Lola said raising her hands in defense.

"He's just so secretive about his family, and he's vague about his work." "He won't even tell me where it is!" Exclaimed Tatum.

"Maybe he's a federal agent." Lola suggested.

"I really don't think federal agents get weekends off."

"What do you know about being a federal agent?" Inquired Lola. "I reckon I know more about them than you do."

Tatum scoffed. "Yeah, because you played one in the school play when we were eleven."

"It's still better than you've ever done."

"Just handle the next customer while I pick up this order."

The London streets were especially crowded today causing Tatum to sigh in frustration.

"We've all got to be somewhere, quit honking your bloody horn!" She said angrily.

The beeping didn't cease, and so Tatum's patience shrank. She took action by rolling down the window and putting up a rude hand gesture for the car behind her. This didn't help in the slightest.

The car beeped at a more rapid pace and yelling could now faintly be heard from within the vehicle.
If traffic hadn't moved, Tatum was certain she would've done something regretful later on.

Finally, Tatum arrived at her destination, Veronica's Antiques. Inside was an elderly woman and the strong scent of cats. There were more boxes than antiques, Tatum observed.

"Hello dear." Said the woman. "What are you here for?"

"The cocktail glasses m'am." Tatum said warmly.

"Oh, of course I have them right here for you miss-"

"Greyson, m'am." Tatum finished for the woman.

"Yes, Miss Greyson, here you are." She presented Tatum with a wooden box.

"This is very much appreciated Miss Waverly." Tatum expressed her gratitude and handed her the money. "Its a shame your retiring, your the only other antique store in the neighborhood."

"Well fifty years is enough time." Miss Waverly said as she pet one of her cats.

"I suppose it is."

"Ryder get out your making me nervous." Tatum said as she walked through the door.

Ryder held his mouth open in shock. "You break two things and suddenly your the clumsiest person ever."

"Glad you understand." Tatum said clutching the box so tightly her knuckles turned white.

Ryder went into the backroom defiantly and Tatum was able to place the box of cocktail glasses safely on a shelf where Ryder couldn't reach it.

"Okay, I feel like I've aged thirty years today, how about you?" Tatum asked Lola.

"I feel the same." Ryder said as he came back into the room.

"I believe I was asking Lola."

"I believe I don't care."

"Okay I'm going to stop you right there so we don't end up with Ryder in a body bag." Lola attempted to say as she put her dreadlocks up into a ponytail.  "Oh yeah, about Percy." Began Lola.

"What about him?" Asked Tatum, though she had a hunch it was concerning the conversation they shared earlier that day.

"The next time he goes to work just follow him." She suggested.

"Isn't that kind of weird?" "What if he finds out and pegs me for the insane girlfriend type?"

"He's not going to find out, I'll make sure of that." Said Lola.

The next day Percy woke up before Tatum like always, only this morning Tatum was awake as well. Tatum woke up when Percy got up for work anyway, she would just go back to sleep since she didn't start work for a few more hours. She kept her eyes shut, feigning sleep. It wasn't until Tatum heard the rustling of keys that she got out of bed and dressed quickly by pulling the nearest clothing over her pajamas. She waited about a minute before leaving out the door.

Percy was taking the elevator, so Tatum decided to make a run for it and use the stairs. She dashed towards the exit until suddenly someone grabbed her arm.

"What the-where did you come from?"

Tatum spun around to find the hand clutching her arm belonged to Lola.

"What do you think your doing?" Lola hissed. "You can't run down the fucking stairs, you'll pass out by the time you reach the second floor!"

"Touché." Said Tatum.

They used the elevator instead, which didn't make much of a difference in Tatum's mind because the entire way down she was frantically pushing the 1st floor button.

Lola leaned against the wall with her arms crossed. "You do realize that could get us stuck?" She pointed out.

"Shut it!" Tatum yelled.

By the time they reached the bottom floor, Percy was gone.

"Wait, he could still be somewhere on the block." Tatum said running outside.

"Do you really think your going to spot him in this crowd?" Lola said.

Lola soon ate her words when Tatum saw a man with bright red hair walking down the street.

"Well, here goes nothing." Tatum said, and the two of them followed Percy to his mysterious place of work.