I'm sorry • Rick and Y/N

Rick and I walk away from the mess we created in the living room, we end up in his room. He's sitting on his bed, next to me.

Y/N's POV

"Hey Rick?" I ask him, he's starting at the ground.
"I'm sorry, I didn't think that would happen." I try to apologise sincerely.

Rick starts to laugh.

"Did I react that bad?" He asks.
"Well you got all red and yelled at me. So yes." I grab his hand.
"Sometimes, Rick, you need to chill." He smiles.
"I'm trying, you could ask anyone, this is the most chill I've ever been in 60 years." He didn't burp, or drink out of his flask.

"You make me feel weird." He tells me.
"I do?"
"Like, I'm not in love with you, but I just wish there was more people like you." He stares at the ground.
"There are some versions of me, out there, that have it good, I just wanted to be one of them." He looks into my eyes.
"I just wanted a complete family, I can't even keep a woman long enough." Rick keeps staring at me.

"You don't need a woman to make you happy Rick. You make yourself happy." I stare at my feet, then back at Rick.

"I wish you were my age." He says.
"Why?" I ask him, griping his hand tighter.

"Because then we would have grown up together, I wouldn't have been so lonely all these years. I wish you came sooner." He let's go of my hand.

"Y/N, you'll be good for Morty." He scoots closer to me.

I turn red.

"You're smart, funny, caring, truly an amazing young lady." He stood up.

"Thanks for the kiss." He winks.

"Don't mention it, it looked like if I didn't kiss you, you'd rip off my ball sack that I don't have." I smirk.

"Oh trust me, I was pissed." He rolled his eyes back.

I stood up.

"What about Morty, he probably thinks that we're like, dating?" I ask, a little embarrassed.

"Actually, Y/N, I can believe you. He might think we are, and oh trust me if we were, you would have been laid a long time ago." He winks.

"R-RICK!" I shove him, he starts laughing.

"I bet you would have liked that." He whispered in my ear.

I elbowed his stomach.

"In your dreams Rick." I roll my eyes, smiling, pushing his face away.

"Let's go explain to dipstick." He says.
"That's what I thought." I push him a little, smirking.

Rick's POV

Morty, you little perv, now I have to explain to you, that Y/N and I aren't dating, at least in this version of our world... Yes I know, weird right, it's Science. They, they got in good for them.

Y/N keeps her distance from me, so nobody gets a misunderstanding. Y/N knocks on Morty's door, no response, she enters Morty's room with caution anyway with me following behind her.

"M-morty." She says, entering his room.

"P-please, go away." Morty in his closet, sitting in a corner, facing away from Y/N and I.

"Morty, we're not dating, *rrp* if that's what you think." I look over to Y/N, and wink from earlier.

"R-rick, remind me about that again, and I will personally drop kick you outside." She says, irritated, but smirking.

"A-about w-what?" Morty asked.
"N-nothing." I quickly say.
"You guys are a-always together, hiding things f-from me." Morty exhales deeply, was he, crying?

Y/N flips me off, motioning she was done with me. So I sat on Morty's bed.

Y/N POV

I walk over to Morty and sit down. Morty stiffened up.

"We don't do it on purpose." I say, hugging him.

"B-but it seems like y-you do." Morty sobbed.

"Why are you so jealous?" I ask him.

"N-no reason." He says, obviously lying to me.

"Alright, I won't push it out of you." I pat his head.

"Do you really want to know what Rick said to me?" I whisper to him.

"O-of course." I could feel his face heat up.

I pulls him closer and tell him.

"WHAT THE HELL?" He starts to laugh.

"ShHH!" Rick looks over at us, and smiles.

"You told him, didn't you." Rick sits with us.

"I don't keep secrets from my best friend." I cross my arms.

"Oh, you don't? So you would mind me *rrp* telling him that you love-" I smack Rick's arm.

"Hitting People." I finish the sentence.

"That's what I thought Y/N." He takes a sip from his flask.

"You sure l-love beating the shit out of R-Rick." Morty smiles.

"You fucking know it." I grin, looking at Rick rubbing his arm.

"Don't tell me that hurt Rick?" I smirk at him.

"I'm gonna beat the shit out of *rep* you one day." Rick says rubbing his arm some more.

"Y-you guys sure you're not dating?" Morty says jokingly.

"I open for someone else." I tell Morty.
"I'd never l-last a-*Erup* a day with her." Rick says punching my arm.

"Good one Old Man." I wink.

"I'm gonna leave before we end up killing each other kiddo." Rick stood up, and kiss Morty's head, and leaves the room.

"T-that's the first time, he's ever kissed me." Morty says, smiling.

"Let's go back to bed? I'm exhausted." I motion for Morty's bed.

"But w-we had a nap, not too long ago." Morty says.

"Can't I just make up an excuse to cuddle you?" I turn all red, regretting what I just said.

"O-of course." Morty picks me up.

"Woah! Morty put me down!" I scream.

"Alright." He pins me on the bed.

He blushes and let's go.

"S-sorry." He tries to slip out.

"Aww Geez." I mock pulling him close to me.

"Morty, could I tell you something?" I ask him.

"Sure." He looks at me.

"I.. I.." I pause.

"I'm glad you're my friend." I cover up.

"I'm glad I am t-to." He, he feel asleep? That fast?

I pull my lab coat off and put it on top of us like a blanket.

"I heard what you said earlier Morty.
I love you too." I fall asleep myself, with my head on Morty's shoulder and his arm wrapped around me.

In my dream that night, Morty filled it, not with Jessica, not with Rick or his dad, mom or sister, but with me, happy and by ourselves.

------------------
That song up there ☝☝☝ that's you and Morty, that's the song.. right there.. my feels

SenseiSaitama1