Epilogue

WARNING: This chapter contains spoilers. If you have not read Another One, do not continue unless you wish to be spoiled.

THREE MONTHS LATER

"You have no idea how happy I am that this isn't a party for me," Erika remarked as she took another sip of champagne, surveying the ballroom as various guests mingled amongst each other.

I rolled my eyes with amusement. "Let's not forget that your bridal shower is only a few months away. Followed closely by your wedding and about a million balls and galas for the rest of your life. Not to the mention the endless baby showers once you and Derek decide to create your own little basketball team."

"Oh, shut up," she blushed a deep red as she took another drink. They weren't even married yet and all the tabloids could seem to talk about was when they'd pop one out. "We are not having a basketball-team sized family."

"So a soccer team then? Our fiances would appreciate that," I teased, my gaze straying over to Derek and Samuele in the center of the party. Raised for events like this, the two of them were talking up a storm.

Erika and I, on the other hand, were currently hiding behind a potted plant.

"God, you're just as bad as everyone else," she shook her head before changing the subject. "Have you talked to your parents yet?"

I made a face, though I supposed I deserved it after bringing up the status of her womb. "Not yet."

"Liana!"

"I know, I know," I groaned, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "I just can't bring myself to do it."

"Liana, they're your family. And I know they kinda suck, except your brother. But you're engaged. And you told them by sending an invitation to your engagement party, which we're currently at. And you didn't even greet them."

"I'm waiting for you to tell me what I actually did right."

Erika raised an eyebrow. "Go talk to them. And introduce them to Sam."

I tried to protest but she snatched the flute of champagne out of my hand before shoving me out of our hiding spot. With a groan, I scanned the room for both my family and my fiance. Sam was in the same spot, laughing with Derek and a group of men around our age. I started once I caught a glimpse of my family, huddled near the platters of food. Dad was quietly trying to fill up his plate while my mother nagged at him. Daniella's husband was notably absent, meaning poor Ezra had to endure her chattering.

I squared my shoulders, walking up to Sam and his friends in the confident manner that Nicoletta had taught me commanded attention. Sam grinned as he spotted me, excusing himself as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"Hello, mio amore," he placed a kiss on my hand, playing with the ring that now sat there. It was more than I'd ever expected to be given, a large circular diamond with a rose gold band that twined around it like vines.

I managed a smile. "I'm sorry."

He raised a confused brow. "For what?"

I gave pointed look to where my family gathered, squeezing his hand as an apology. "I've been told I need to introduce you to my family."

"That's it?" Sam spoke after a moment. "You had me thinking you were about to break up with me at our own engagement party."

"It's not funny, Sam! My family..."

"I know. Believe me, from what you've said, it feels like I've already met them. Besides," he smirked and gave me his arm. "Just say the word and I'll ban them from Italy."