Eighteen Going on Dead

Name- Naomi Jones
DOD- Unknown
Affliction- Trauma to the head, bruises along the wrist, feet and neck with signs of rope burn.

The news has broke out after the long going investigation of Naomi Jones, three months she has been missing and finally she was found just a few days ago in an abandoned parking lot of Denny's. I was in gym class when I heard the news, unlike anyone else, I admit that I did not know Naomi personally. We only shared a few classes together from seventh grade to senior year before she went missing, we barely shared a 'hello' to one another; just a simple glance and maybe a nod of acknowledgement. However, everyone claimed they knew her as a friend, even the people who picked on the way she carried herself claimed her as a friend.

No one knows what happened that night, not even the closest and only friend she had. Naomi was a quiet soul, mostly to herself and one hell of a drawer- quite odd for someone to just snatch her up. Unfortunately society was cruel like that, to just sweep innocent girls off the street during the day.

It took two days for the school to see pass Naomi's death, after that no one knew Naomi as if she were just a past simple memory that disappeared from everyone thoughts. Not mine, she was still fresh on my mind; it still astonished me how a girl like Naomi was taken in a quiet town. I should forget it like everyone else, but how can I when I held an odd feeling in my gut that someone was watching me.

It was the middle of the day, warm with a slight breeze, the sky was cloudy and gray. I wanted to scream, yell at the top of my lungs at the mirror hanging from the wall. Being frustrated was one thing in a teenagers life, but stress was another. College, SAT's, ACT's, prom, and seeing what the hell you're going to do with your life was not on my mind; it was all child's play to me.

The day was the starting of a new era in my life, a huge change. A storm was coming, I could hear the rumbling of thunder in the distance, the wind was picking up as the birds were squawking their day away; I loved it, the thrill of a storm on a normal night. It intensified my time and gave me more of a reason to not go out, however the rumbling did not keep me in doors this time.

It was the end of April, two weeks of school left for seniors and another month until graduation. The senior class decided to throw a party at the lake house, which was owned by the most popular family in town- who bloodline runs deeper than water and also wealthy (unfortunately you couldn't have one or the other). Their children, the fraternal twins of Ladin, were the ones to suggest the party- with their pure smiles, rosy cheeks and blonde hair- they were angels with riches. They were the ones to mourn over Naomi's death for publicity, especially Tanya.

I fluffed my hair twice, the loose brown curls fell against my cheeks; in which I gave up and put it into a ponytail to call it a night. I wasn't the one to dress up, my sense of clothing were a pair of jeans and a t-shirt; I try my best not to fit in with society to meet their standards of a young woman. Maybe if I were a little more colorful in life and love makeup more than tattoos, I would of at least gain the gaze of approval; even then I would be a simple joe.

Grabbing my essential items of a teenage life; phone, purse, and including my headphones just in case- I jogged downstairs to find my aunt sitting in the living room watching television while cleaning her shotgun. She's a cop, the only woman cop in town that can kick ass and take names. I've lived with the woman for ten years, after my parents death in the brutal car crash (another death that rung the town to fake mourning) she fought for custody so I wouldn't live with my grandmother- who is a bat from hell.

"Okay, I'm gonna head out." I announced while stopping in the walkway so she can do her routine check.

Aunt Joyce looked up from her weekly activity, she set the heavy fun down onto the table and wiped the polish off her hands with an equally dirty rag. "Your phone is fully charged?"