Chapter Six: Wrong Thing, Right Action

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Gabriel screamed, the whole neighborhood could probably hear him from the way he was reacting. He paced his bedroom, the smell of old spice with a hint of used socks filled my nose, the room was set up the same way from the last time I step foot in here- which was two years ago by accident. The only difference is the lack of comic books and playboy posters, I guess he grew out of that some point in time. However he did pick up a habit, a deadly one that'll weigh on him in the long one- the old pack of cigarettes were a sore to old eyes, the urge to pick one up and place it in between his lips were strong; but he kept from doing so with me around.

Courtney sat in the edge of his messy bed, obviously trying to avoid the pile of laundry and his clean boxers that was practically under her thigh. After telling her that could catch the killer, I had to make up a plan; so I came to the one person that always had a head full of sinister acts. Unfortunately Gabriel didn't take it as easily like Courtney.

"This is crazy, I do realize..."

"Idiotic. Foolish. Insane. Stupid. Questionable..."

"Actually, idiotic and stupid are the same thing, just two different words." Courtney interrupted, however Gabriel's cold gaze made her shut up immediately.

Gabriel huffed while turning his attention on me, his cold gaze became warm and soft. "You're emotional, distress. You just saw your best friend die, going out on a hunting spree right now is not reasonable. It's like a gazelle hunting a lion."

"That's why we're asking a you for help. Two gazelles and a tiger. Two baits and a sneaky predator with a lot of weapons and skills." I stated. "Don't start some bullshit about breaking the laws on anything, you're the last person who should be speaking to me about that."

"Then you know what you're about to do is wrong." Gabriel snapped back, making a good point- which he has done for the past three days.

"Sometimes doing the wrong thing is the right thing. Remember you said that to me back when you stole Malcolm Rey's car keys at the party last year."

"That's car keys, this is a psychopath."

"Gabriel has a point, Z. What you're trying to do is suicide." She cringed at the word, it made us all buckle down to a short period of silence. The wound to Yolanda's death was still nasty, large and bleeding heavily to the point of us blacking out- for now I tried to put tape over it so it wouldn't kill me off so quickly, at least until I do what I need to do to make things right. "However, what else can we do? No offense, Gabriel. But your father isn't a detective and he stands out like a cold sore, at least with us the killer wouldn't notice."

Gabriel pinched the bridge of his nose, "What if the killer is not caught? Now he'll be after the both of you, hell! He'll be after the three of us."

"We would have to move smart then. Now what do we know so far?"

"Well his main targets were teenage girls." Courtney pointed all. "He likes tormenting his victims."

"Veronica wasn't tormented." Gabriel also pointed out. "She was a quick kill, a panic action. So what else do we have that others don't? How do they all connect?"

I looked at Courtney before taking a deep breath. I need to tell her, if she's going to help she needs to be in the loop. "You're right, there's something I do know that no one else do. Before Naomi went missing, she had a stalker- of course- but then she was also pregnant but not by Bow. It was by someone else but I don't know who, apparently it wasn't on purpose nor willingly. While Naomi was pregnant, she told Veronica because she needed money from Veronica's loan shark uncle. Then Yolanda came in, she noticed her distress but did not know about the pregnancy." I turned to Gabriel, my stars soft and glossy as I push the words out. "When Yolanda saw the killer in the park, it was after Samson.... he raped her that night."