Chapter Twelve: Kiss Goodbye

I was uneasy... Not from the fact that I was in a stranger's car who knew where I lived without telling him a lick of directions not the fact it was late in the night and Katy's parents probably saw me climbing into this strangers car; which is not a best first impression I would like to give off, but they don't like me anyway. No, I was uneasy from the crazy fact that the system installer nerd made me feel like a school girl because of his quirky old guy ways. Do I have that much daddy issues where I would feel some sort of way for any guy my aunt's age? Probably.

My father and I were close, we went on camping trips, parks, and other activities that brought us closer. The fact that he was my other half (other than my aunt and mom), the only man I loved and wished to spend the rest of my life with, I was miserable without his guidance or presence. Of course, Adam is nothing more than a nice guy that gave me a ride home during the most historical horror in this town, besides Gabriel would always have a place in my heart. Crushes were nothing more than a spark that dies immediately.

"What were you doing out anyway?" After a few moments of silence, Adam decides to clear the air when I'm trying to give myself a pep talk. "It's a little late for a bike ride." Ugh! He even sound like my father!. Ew!... Just then the crush was gone from that simple comparison, then a new feeling came to mind: Uncle?! It's quite odd that I need a male role model in my life now, I'm coming to that age where I need a male point of view so I can learn more of the superior society species: white blue-collar single male with a son and insurance, very nice and have dry humor but he probably likes Harry Potter. A good candidate for Aunt Joyce, if she was willing to get out of her comfort zone and try.

"I was riding with a friend. What are you doing out so late?"

"It's called work kid, gotta provide for my child someway."

"I'm not a kid. I'm a young adult, not a ten year old girl, Mr. Adam."

He cringed from the formal saying and huffed, "Fine. Young person, you're not a kid. Your aunt must be freaking out."

"Maybe so."

"You really don't care, don't you?"

"I care, I just don't acknowledge it." I shrugged my shoulders, being nonchalant like every given day of my eighteen years of life. I've gotten in trouble many times before my calm behavior, especially when an adult is getting on me about life and things I've done. It's not my fault that freak out on spilled milk. "How old is your son, again?"

"Five."

"If you need a babysitter, I'm free. College is coming up soon and I need money, it's either that or rob a gas station."

"I'll give you a call if I need one, can't promise that'll be soon." Adam mumbled while driving to the curb in front of my home. I didn't want to get out now, not that I'm comfortable in the leather seating, but mainly because my boyfriend is sitting on the porch running his fingers through his hair. I could see the worry painted on his face as his eyes focused on the mysterious car. "Boyfriend?" Adam questioned.

"Yeah, he didn't know I was leaving the house. Can you just pop the trunk, I got it from here." Taking a deep breath I stepped out the car and grabbed my bike from the back. Adam immediately speed off once he heard the trunk slamming close.

"Who was that?" Gabriel immediately choked me with questions as he stood up from the porch and met me half way.

"A friend. Katy came by sobbing about her parents, I rode back with her and they found me and gave me a ride back. What are you doing here?"

"What the hell is going on, Z?"

"Nothing, other than the fact I'm freezing my ass off here. Can we just go inside?" Gabriel shook his head before walking off. The scene was more dramatic then needed, but I guess it happens when a guy is... jealous. I sighed heavily and let the bike drop to the cold hard ground, causing Gab to stop in his tracks and look over his shoulders. "You acting this way won't help.."