Chapter Five: Reapers Game

I sat on the hard dirt ground, the rock dug through my jeans and into my ass, however I did not care about the scraps and cuts. My best friend just committed suicide right in front my eyes because of fear for a psychopath that no one has seen and whoever seen him is dead. Three deaths in the past week, all innocent teenage girls with no other choice but to hide or break.

Gabriel immediately called his father afterwards, he too could not come to look at Yolanda's body; the pain in his eyes and pale skin told me he lost something in him as well. He was speaking to the Sheriff, voice low and eyes everywhere but his father and I face; them he made the move towards the book. I didn't have to hear him to know that he was saying everything I told him, that each name in there held a significant purpose in Naomi Jones murder and they were all dead.

Sheriff Watson took the book in his hands and flipped through it before turning his gaze on me, guilt coated that gaze and also sympathy- he pushed it all away once another cop car pulled up, my aunt. I could see her panic face through the windshield. Aunt Joyce ran out the car, her motherly instincts pushed all the cop skills out the window.

"Are you okay?" Aunt Joyce practically dived into by my side, wrapping her arms around my shoulders. "Oh god, I'm so sorry." Guilt coated her voice. I didn't know if I should push her away or wrap my arms around her, my emotions were in the edge at the moment; anger was going to take the wheel soon.

"You lied to me." I whispered in disbelief. "If you have told me that Yolanda parents weren't home this whole time, if you told me the truth..."

She pulled away, her eyes glossy as her grip became loose. "I know honey, I know I shouldn't have lied but I was keeping you safe."

"Safe!?" I screamed out while standing to my feet. "My friend is dead, two other girls are dead. Yolanda was hiding, her life was in danger and you brushed it off like it was nothing. A killer is still on the loose, if you cops weren't so..."

"Watch it!" Placing a finger in my face, Aunt Joyce no longer held the sympathetic look. "You're emotional, you lost someone- I get it. But watch yourself, do you know how many laws you broke in the past week."

I slowly rolled my eyes and sighed heavily. "That's all you care about."

"Yes, yes I care about my niece and her well being. I care for your future and making sure you're not ruining your life, okay. That's the truth, that's what and who I care about. So for the meantime, go home, cry- do whatever you need to do, but do not risk your future for things that's made for the police. Yolanda was like a niece to me, I'm highly upset and will personally bring this fucker down."

"Fine. Fine." I gave in, there was nothing to fight about with my mind groggy with the scene. Witnessing your best friend committing suicide, regretting every past moment you've done that didn't help; I could of done more to stop her.

She escorted me towards Gabriel and his father, I couldn't look at them in the eyes- if I did I would break down. "I'm going to make sure they get home safe." Aunt Joyce suggested. "And I'll call Yolanda's parents."

Sheriff Watson nod his head, he palmed the diary as if it were the holy bible. "This book will stay between the four of us." He spoke with a deep sigh. "Both of you need to stay out of trouble until we can figure out what the hell os going on, alright."

Both, Gabriel and I, nod our heads in understanding. "Yes sir." We both muttered, our strength in arguing was on a all time low.