Chapter Five

Amber's P.O.V.
I remained by Castiel's side. He sighed and shook his head. Standing, he walked out of the court. I followed him closely.
I wanted to run after Azrael and apologize to him. I didn't try to get his daughter killed. It just happened.
I looked up at Castiel. He seemed to be in deep thought. I remained silent, not wanting to break his train of thought.
"Azrael isn't a bad person." Castiel said quietly. "He's upset about his daughter."
"I know, but I feel like I should apologize. If I wasn't here, then his daughter wouldn't be dead." I answered.
Cassiel gave me a pained expression. "Az is just in mourning. If you give him half a chance you'll see he's not that bad."
"I get that, but what about him giving me a chance?"
Castiel nodded, not responding.
I hadn't actually done anything wrong. I had made a stupid mistake with the nephilim. But I hadn't done anything to precedent Azrael hating me. I didn't ask his daughter to attack me. I didn't ask Rosaline to protect me. I certainly didn't ask that archangel to lunge at me.
Castiel stopped, grabbing my arm and pulling me back. I looked up ahead of me.
There were two people standing ahead of us arguing. One of them was Azrael. The other one was unknown to me. They were shouting at each other and Azrael looked like he was about to go ballistic on the other angel.
Castiel walked forward to stop the argument. He was cautious about walking forward. I shook my head and walked up, pushing the two apart and turning around. I walked back to Castiel's side.
They all stared at me in confusion and shock. I shrugged and looked back up at Castiel.
"What was that!" Azrael shouted at me. "Are you seriously that stupid! First the nephilim in Purgatory, then my daughter, and now this! How ignorant are you!"
I said softly,"it's something I learned before I died. You just walk in between the people to break up the fight. It's such a normal action it usually breaks up the argument."
Azrael growled, "next time you do that, I'll throw you across Paradise. Got it, spirit."
"Azrael, enough of this. It's not her fault anything happened." Castiel stated calmly.
"Don't defend her Cas." Azrael spat. "She comes in, asks a bunch of questions, and bam! Michael's putting her on watch! She's a fucking pet."
"She's lost and confused Az." Castiel insisted. "Show some compassion for her."
"No, it's fine." I interrupted. "I'm used to stuff like this. Just continue talking about me. I really don't care."
I turned around a walked away. I left them in silence. Hopefully their jaws were hanging open. It was true, I was used to things like that.
Most of the people who said they were my friends berated me daily. I got used to feeling alone. But it was so easy to sit next to someone and pretend that you belonged. And I needed that right now since I was alone in Paradise. I needed a home, a place to belong. And I didn't have that. And I suspected that I never would.
I looked around. There weren't many angels. But there still weren't any humans. I was lost, but I shrugged it off. I would be alright. I found an alley and just sit down as far back in the alley as I could. I curled into a ball, closing my eyes. I hoped that I would open my eyes and be back home.

***

I opened my eyes, rubbing the sleep away. I didn't realize that I had fallen asleep until I woke up. I yawned, standing up.
I decided to leave the alley. I should try to find my way back to Castiel. Or maybe apologize to Azrael for being such a burden.
"Heya sleeping beauty!" A chip voice said. It was feminie. I knew that for certain.
"Um, hi?" I responded.
A young female jumled out in front of me. She looked like a younger and more feminine version of the crazy angel that tried to tackle me in the court.
"Oh, I know you. Uriel has been talking about you non-stop! I'll take you to him now!" She said, grabbing my hand. "He'll be so excited!"
"Who's Uriel?" I asked.
"That's my older brother!" She chirrped. "I'm Ariel!"
I struggled to keep up. She wasn't exactly fast, but my body was protesting the strenuous exercise. And my mind was reeling from waking up.
"Um, could you take me to Castiel?" I tried. "I'm supposed to stay with him."
"Why would you want to stay with that old coot?" Ariel asked. "He's so boring. He never says anything. And when he does, he takes forever."
"He's a thourough thinker." I protested her complaints. "You just need to have patience with him."
"Hey! Uriel! Look at who I found!" Ariel exclaimed, bursting through a door. "It's her! The girl you were talking about!"
Uriel looked up. He laughed at his sister's excitement. He seemed to be calmer right now. He stood up, giving Ariel a hug. He walked over to me and ran his fingers through my hair.
"I should take you to Castiel or Azrael." Uriel mused. "Or I can send out a call saying Ariel found you and brought you here. I think I'll do the second. Are you hungry? Do you need a change of clothes? I'm sure Ari can help you with that."
"I just want to go back to Castiel's." I responded. "You guys are way to energetic for me."
"It's the lighting." Uriel explained. "When it's brighter, I'm more excited and energetic. I'm sorry for trying to tackle you earlier."
"Hey, Uriel?" Ariel interupted. "Do you know where my papers and pencils are? I want to draw Miss Amber before she leaves. Can I? Is that okay?"
Well, Ariel was energetic. But she was pretty cute. And when Uriel wasn't energetic, he was a gentleman and could show that he cared a lot more.
I pretended to think about it for a moment. "I suppose you can. But I still want to go back to Castiel's."

"I'll get on that then." Uriel remarked. "Let me know if you need anything."

"I will, thank you Uriel."
Ariel let out a triumphic cry when she found her drawing supplies. She started to work, occasionally looking up to study what I looked like. She wasn't so bad. It was interesting to study her while she studied me.