Chapter Seven

Amber's P.O.V.
I stayed craddled in Castiel's arms even as I started to warm up. I looked up at Castiel. He looked so broken and defeated. I wondered what happened.
He met my eyes and offered up a broken smile. I shifted so I could sit in his lap.
"What's wrong Castiel?" I asked gently.
"It's nothing." He said.
"We both know that isn't true." I pressed. "What's wrong? Does it involve Azrael?"
"He snapped at me earlier and said something that crossed a line." Castiel admitted.
"Well, let's go talk to him." I replied, trying to get up.
"Nope, you need to stay warm. You're still a human spirit after all." Castiel argued, holding me in place.
"It's not even cold anymore. Let's go. We need to talk to him. He can't be an ass to you on account of me."
I wriggled out of Castiel's grip and stood up. I marched towards the door and looked back at Castiel, jerking my head towards the door. He got up and followed me as I walked out the door.
We strolled over the Azrael's house, knocking on his door. When we didn't recieve an answer, Castiel sighed.
"He's probably not home." Castiel muttered.
"Where else would he be?" I questioned.
"The grave site for deceased angels." Castiel answered. "It's over this way. Follow me."
Castiel took of at a brisk pace. I took after him staying close. It was eerily dark. I couldn't see any stars at all. There was nothing. I was at least expecting to see some kind of light, but I didn't. It was like every angel in Paradise was asleep.
I looked ahead and saw Castiel a few feet ahead. I stayed in his sight, making sure I wasn't too far behind him.
This way! The grave sight is this way! I heard. It sounded like a whisper from inside my mind. Castiel must have heard it too, because he turned in a different direction. I shrugged, if Castiel trusted the voice then I probably should too. Right?
A little farther and you'll be there. Just a few more feet. Wait! Right there! Stop!
I looked around. There wasn't a grave site anywhere. I glanced at Castiel, his eyes were glazed over. I waved my hand in his face, trying to get his attention.
"It's interesting when they don't know what's going on." A voice came.
I whipped around, looking for the voice's owner. I didn't see anybody.
I heard someone jump down from something. I turned around, seeing a rather short male. He had pure white wings. Dark brown, possibly black hair. Matched with glowing golden eyes. He was slightly muscular. He looked at me with confidence and a smile.
"He'll be fine. This happens to angels when telepaths are manipulating them." He stated. "My name is Lucius."
"Um, hi. I'm Amber." I responded. "Do you know how to snap him out of it?"
"No, not really. My dad does though. You want to go with me to go get him? Castiel will be alright by himself." Lucius demanded.
"Um, I guess so?" I answered. "What's your dad's name?"
"He would rather introduce himself. So I can't really tell you. But he's a cool dude. I promise." Lucius said. "I got my wings from him actually."
"So, Michael would be your dad then." I concluded.
"Nope." He said, rushing through Paradise.
He jumped, taking me with him and holding me to his chest. We raced through Paradise, and right into Purgatory.
"Where are we going?" I shouted over the wind.
"To meet my dad!" He yelled back.
Lucius flew downwards and glided into a tunnel. He landed and put me down gently. He took my hand, leading me through the enclosed tunnels.
We arrived in the center of what seemed to be a temple. I looked around wondering where we were. Lucius dragged me to a door.
"Okay, just be polite." Lucius instructed. "And maybe subservient as well."
I nodded, looking at Lucius' black eyes. But weren't they golden a few minutes ago? What was going on?
"Come in." The answer came.
Lucius pushed the doors open and walked in. I followed, afraid to be left behind. Sitting at a desk was a copy.
Well, that's what I thought, almost. Lucius and him looked exactly alike. Except for the eyes. While Lucius' were black, his were truly gold. They resembled pools of liquid gold.
"Hello father. I brought the girl, just as you requested." Lucius said.
"I can see that Lucius. Please, take a seat. Both of you." He reponded.
I looked over at Lucien. He nodded, pulling out a chair for me. I sat down hesitantly. I looked at Lucius' dad, wondering who he really was.
"It's nice to meet you, Miss Levine." He stated. "I'm sure who know who I am?"
"N-n-not really, sir." I answered.
"Might I ask why?"
"I told her you would enjoy it more if you introduced her." Lucius stated. "It wouldn't have worked if she knew before-hand."
"I see, you're quite clever Lucien." He replied. "As for you Miss Levine. I am Lucifer. Satan. The Accuser. The Fallen."
I swallowed. "Oh." I squeaked.
"It's quite an honor to have you here. Although, your wings haven't come out yet. That's a pity." Lucifer rambled.
"My-my wings?" I sputtered.
"Yes, your wings. Lucius, take Miss Amber to her chambers if you will." Lucifer ordered.
"Yes, of course father." Lucius responded. "Follow me, Miss Levine."
I stood up, following Lucius out of the office-like room. As soon as the doors slammed shut, Lucius dropped the formal act. He groaned in relief, and started making his way through the maze of tunnels.
Lucius looked back at me multiple times to make sure I was following him. I tried to scowl at him so he'd know I was upset.
When we arrived at my door, he hesitated before letting me in. I reached for the door knob. He grabbed my wrist and held it for a moment.
"Do everything my father tells you too. Don't argue with any of the demons here. And if anyone tries to hurt you, scream for me." He blurted out. "I don't know what my dad wants to do, but please don't upset him in anyway."
"Why me, Lucius? I'm a human." I responded.
"I don't know, I'll have to look into it. But my instinct tells me you're not human. Just listen to what I told you." He ordered. "It'll keep you safe and out of harm's way."
I looked at Lucius. He was serious. He even seemed concerned. I pulled my wrist away amd walked into my room. I needed to figure out a way to escape from Perdition.