Chapter Six

Azrael's P.O.V.
"What the hell Az!" Castiel shouted. "She didn't do a damn thing to you!"
"My daughter is dead because of her!" I screamed.
"Your daughter made her own choices. And if you're going to blame someone, then blame me. I parented her. You were gone so much I had to raise her!" He argued. "And now Amber's missing because you can't handle your daughter's death!"
"At least I don't cause people misery." I growled.
Castiel's eyes widened with shock and hurt when the words slipped out of my mouth. His eyes were glossy with tears he refused to spill. My eyes widened when I realized what I had said.
"Do you really think that Az?" He asked, his voice cracking. "Do you really mean what you just said?"
"Cas, no. Of course not. I'm so sorry." I apologized moving forward to hug him.
"No, stay away from me." Castiel said, walking to the door. "I don't want to cause you anymore pain than I already do. I'm sorry I'm such a burden."
"Castiel, wait!" I exclaimed, rushing towards the door.
"Leave me alone." Castiel ordered.
Castiel walked out the door, slamming it. I groaned, banging my head against the wooden door. I was such an idiot! Cas was my best friend and I crossed a line with that statement. I would be lucky if he ever forgave me.
And where had that girl gone? I highly doubted that she knew her way around heaven. It wasn't like she had been here for years. And she was a human spirit on top of that. There was no way she could know her way around yet.
Hey, Azrael. Amber's at my place. Come and pick her up. It was Uriel who told me. I felt another growl working it's way out of my mouth.
Call Castiel. I don't want anything to do with her!
Regardless, I still left my home to go make sure she was alright. I didn't want to, but I had to. If Uriel ratted me out to Michael, I'd have more than an earful to listen to.
When I arrived, I knocked on the door. Uriel answered and let me in. He motioned to me to be quiet and I looked over.
Ariel's face was etched with concentration. She was drawing something as she occasionally looked up at Amber. I looked around for Castiel. He wasn't anywhere to be seen inside.
I wondered if he had been too distressed by what I had said. I felt so bad for saying that. I was blinded by my rage. I wanted to look for him so I could apologize.
"Alright! I'm finished. I'll do the coloring later so I can really capture your image!" Ariel stated proudly. "And no, you can't see it yet. Not until it's finished."
"Alright, well I'll see you some other time Ari. Have a nice night." Amber responded.
She stood up, stretching in the process. She turned around and froze when she saw me. She immediately turned her shock into a cold and gripping anger.
"Hello, Azrael." She greeted me coldly. "Where's Castiel?"
"At home. Come on." I grumbled.
"Whatever," Amber said.
She stalked past me, never meeting my gaze once. She was not pleased with the prospect of going home with me. I guess I couldn't balme her? I hadn't been the nicest to her after all.
I walked up to my door, dragging Amber with me. She let out a yawn and I found myself suppressing a slight smile.
"Tired?" I asked.
"Yeah," Amber answered, trying to keep her eyes open.
"Come on, I'll set up a place for you in front of the fire." I replied, guiding her inside.
Amber nodded with her eyes closed. I let her sit down on the couch, almost instantly she laid down and fell asleep.
"Azrael?" Amber whispered. "Why do you hate me?"
"I don't hate you," I answered. "But I don't like you either. I'm at a rather neutral stance right now."
"Okay," Amber said yawning. "Azrael? Make sure Castiel is okay."
I looked at Amber in confusion. There was no way that she knew I had hurt Castiel. Not even Michael would know unless Cas went straight to him while balling his eyes out.
"Get some rest." I ordered.

***

I waited outside of Castiel's house. I was shivering and standing out in the cold. Maybe it was just my nerves? It was never cold like this in Paradise.
I felt a small, shaking body slide up next to me. I looked down and saw Amber. She was shivering. Her lips were purple and her cheeks were flushed with color. I needed to get inside. Amber needed to get warm.
"Cas! Please let me in!" I yelled, banging on the door. "Amber is with me and she's freezing!"
"Go away! I don't want to talk!" He croaked.
"Please Cas." I pleaded. "I swear I didn't mean to hurt you."
"I said go away!" Castiel insisted.
"P-p-pl-please Ca-C-Cas-ti-tiel?" Amber asked.
Amber was starting to convulse. I wrapped her up in my cloak. Thjs was not normal for Paradise. What was going on?
"Castiel, please let us in!" I begged. "Amber is freezing to death!"
I heard the door open and I saw Castiel's eye through the door.
"Please Castiel, she's freezing!" I begged.
The door opened more so Castiel could see Amber. She looked up at him with big doe eyes, begging to get inside. She was literally ice cold and it was only getting worse.
"Come on." Castiel said, opening the door wide.
Amber couldn't move. I picked her up and brought her inside. She was a "popsicle" as humans would say. Amber looked up at me with glazed eyes.
"You're not going to die." I whispered.
"Castiel, it's cold." Amber said weakly. "Make it stop."
Castiel started a fire going in the fire place. He stoked it as I tried to warm Amber up.
"Bring her up to the fire," Castiel advised.
I nodded, picking her up to put her in front of the fire. Castiel took her from my arms and sat down in front of the fire with her.
Azrael, get to the burial site for angels. We have a problem. Michael's voice came.
I got up and walked out of the house. I took a running start, jumping into the air to get flying. It was far easier than just flying when you were at a standstill.
I landed when I got to the burial site. I was appalled by what I saw. No wonder that it was so cold. One of the graves had been disturbed. Someone had broken a sacred rule by doing that. I felt my veins boil in rage as I looked at the crime committed.