Chapter 8

The avengers minus the spies, plus Percy were all sitting around the breakfast table. Percy, having not eaten the day before, was getting her fill of pancakes, drowning them in syrup.

"Percy," Steve chided, "don't drown your pancakes."

Percy kept pouring. "I can't drown and neither can my pancakes," she said.

Tony snorted, pulling some alchohol out of a cabinet, pouring it into his coffee. "Kid, let's just never test that."

Percy looked up, and upon noticing his drink, froze. The bottle fell out of her hand, and syrup spilled on the floor. No one moved for a while, not knowing what to do.

Steve eventually went to wave his hand in front of her face, to make sure she was alright, when she finally moved. She fell off the chair, and grabbed her sides.

Unluckily for them, the spies walked in at that moment. In a moment, Percy was off the floor, and guns were pointed at Steve and Bruce, the closest to her.

"Why is she crying?" she demanded, brandishing her gun at the men in the room.

She saw what was in Tony's hand, and handed Percy off to Clint, who took her out of the room, while Natasha explained.

"Percy is my daughter, but she had parents before me."

"No kidding," Tony snorted.

Nat glared at him before continuing. "I never met Percy's mom, but given that she took a bullet for me, she was probably a nice person. Her father wasn't around, but her step father was something else. She doesn't like alchoholic beverages, so if you refrain from drinking in her presence, I'll refrian from shooting you in the head."

She left the room, and wasn't seen until the mission. Surprisingly enough, she came with Percy, who was holding a sword.

Tony peeked out of the jet, noticing the girl. "Hey, why's the mini musketeer coming?" he called.

"We're dropping her off on our way." Natasha said, loading her gun, boarding the jet with Percy behind her, "Phil is at a drop house where we are dropping her off at."

"Alrighty, as long as she doesn't ruin my plane."

"Shut up."

The team was flying towards a 'safe house' after the attack at the tower, all of them beat up and tired, with Clint and Natasha leading the way.

They arrived at the safe house to see a little farmhouse in the middle of absolute no where.

Tony snorted. "Is this where you keep all the chickens? Or where Jane Bond met Legolas?"

The spies just glared at him, before continuing up to the door, Clint in the lead.

"Hello?" he calls inside, "anyone home?" 

Before the rest could wonder why there would be anyone at the SHIELD safehouse, Nat burst in the rest of the way.

"My sweet, my love, my darling, wherever could you be?" She hollered, startling the silence that was settled before.

"My dearest, I wait for you to return, day in and day out, and on the moment of your return, you bring another to our home. Such treachery!" A voice called from the kitchen.

Clint huffed, ignoring the bewildered looks of Bruce, Steve, Thor, and Tony. "First of all, you're my wife, not hers, and second, I'm the owner of the house! Not her!"

A very pregnant, but very beautiful woman walked out, giving Clint a kiss on the cheek before glancing at the other men in the room.

A thunder of footsteps approached, and Clint sighed while Natasha smirked at him. A chorus of 'Dad!' and 'Uncle Clint' followed, before Clint was sitting on the ground, at the bottom of a dog pile.

"This is all your fault."

"Just because I taught Percy how to dogpile someone does not mean anything."

"Um, excuse me?" Bruce interrupted, "I hate to ruin this moment, but who are they?"

Clint swung his arm around Laura's shoulders. "This is my wife Laura, and my kids, Cooper and Lila, and my soon to be child Natasha." 

Natasha was beaming with joy, arm around her own daughter, laughing at the faces the men were making.

"Actually," all eyes swivled to Laura, "he's a Nathaniel."

A soft mutter of 'traitor' was said by Natasha, making people laugh a little.

After the team was getting ready to go to the metal factory, a little hand tugged at Bruce's sleve. A quick look down provided the scientist with a view of a very colorful picture. A little black-haired girl offered her drawing to him.

"It's for the Hulk! He protected me, so I made something for him!" she said.

The drawing was of the Hulk himself. He was holding a bronze sheild with some little scribbles of it and the sword Percy carried on the way over to the drop house. He appeared to be stepping on some flowers too, though Bruce couldn't be sure, it could be just random color. He gently grabbed it out of her hand, thanking her and tucking the picture away for later.

Percy continued on but seemed to forget the picture. "Mommy said I couldn't come with you guys unless I stay with you in the jet, so will you stay with me?"

Percy's eyes widened in what could only be described as baby seal eyes. Her eyes were a sparkling blue, despite the fact that they seemed so green before. Before he could decide either way, Steve walked up.

"Thor's gone to look for answers, but we're going in 15 minutes. Hawkeye and Black Widow are already on the quinjet." he told Bruce.

He then looked down at Percy, confused by her pleading expression. He turned to Bruce, hoping for an explanation, but only got the man sighing in defeat before Percy perked up and ran off to get her sword and brag to Cooper and Lila.

Tony whirled around in his chair, the plane in auto pilot. "So why do you have a sword?"

Percy was pouting in the backseat, arms crossed in boredom. "Why do you have a face?" she rebutted.

A soft snicker was heard from Clint, before Tony glared at him.

"But if you must know," Percy continued, "a man in a wheel chair gave it to me. He said it was from my father, but I've never met the man, so I didn't trust him, but the sword felt so right in my hands. Like it was made for me."

"You have arrived at your destination."

I like writing what I call snippets. I write a little scene without any story attached it. I made:

He cradled her in his arms, the army and war around him fading to nothing. No medic could heal the wound in time. He cried as he cradled her, her eyes closed.

A soft hand touched his cheek, and he saw her smile. The very smile he had fallen in love with.

He sang quietly, but still loud enough to be heard by the army, over the explosions of cannons, and the screams of the dying.

There will always be sunshine

there will always be blue skies

And I will love you

as long as you are you

The skies were never clear again. 

So yeah, see ya!