Don't mean to be disburbed

Detty Don't mean to Disturb, an ugly betty fanfic | FanFiction

Detty Don't Mean to Disturb

by

Melissa and Ashley

This one-shot fanfic is an AU Detty set 2 years into the future. Betty graduates from yeti leave Mode to run her magazine and gets a makeover. But she starts to realize she misses not just her old life, but mostly Daniel. As for Daniel, he is with Molly and has been for two years. But all of a sudden, he misses Betty too and starts to realize his true feelings. And Amanda, yes she is in this, but let's just say that she is the Detty fans voice in this fanfic. This one-shot was produced while raging with a fellow Detty fan, Melissa.

As always, read, review, and enjoy.

Betty sat mindlessly watching TV, deep in thought. Amanda raised an eyebrow at Betty as she looked at her.

"You know B, sitting around moping about it isn't going to help you. You should go see him."

Betty sighed as she looked at her.

"Amanda, even if I DID have feelings for him, it doesn't matter. He doesn't love me, not like that."

Ever since she'd left Mode 2 years ago, she couldn't stop thinking about Daniel. At first, she'd thought it was just because they were best friends. But when Amanda told her differently, Betty couldn't help but think that maybe it was true. Was she in love with Daniel? She sighed and continued to watch TV. Betty had changed a lot in the past two years. She no longer had braces, she had a stylish haircut, and she donned contacts. Frankly, Betty looked a lot like a fashion model right out of the pages of MODE. At least that's what Amanda kept telling her, however, she didn't think so herself.

DBDBDB

Daniel was at Molly's place, having dinner. He was playing with his food, something clearly on his mind. Daniel didn't know why, but lately, all he could think about was Betty. It felt like forever since he'd last seen her bright smile, or heard the sound of her perky voice as she greeted him, "Good Morning Daniel." But I am with the right woman...aren't I? Daniel sighed slightly. Molly could tell that he was distracted.

"Is something wrong, Daniel?" She asked.

Daniel looked up at Molly and sighed.

"Molly, I think we need to talk."

"About what?"

"About us. I think that you and I...it are not working out."

Daniel admitted his recent thoughts to Molly. Stunned and angry, Molly threw her glass of wine in his face and demanded he leaves. Daniel left without protest as Molly shut the door in his face.

DBDBDBDB

Amanda looked at Betty and sighed.

"Remember what you said to me when I fell for him?"

Betty shrugged.

"That was different, Amanda."

Amanda shook her head.

"Not really, and besides, he LOVES you."

"WHAT??" Betty said, shocked by Amanda's declaration.

Before Amanda could reply, she got up and left, saying that she had things to do. The apartment door had barely shut behind her when the doorbell rang again.

Betty sighed.

"Amanda," Betty said, moving to open the door, "how many times do I have to tell you to take your key when you lea......" Betty trailed off. It wasn't Amanda at the door.